Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/30/2003 7:51:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2003 7:52:45 AM EDT by Yojimbo]
Doe's anyone else do this when cleaning, or am I just being too anal?

BTW, it's just a sandwich bag pulled over the 552!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:17:06 AM EDT
DOn't do it. But it looks like a great way to keep dust and oil off the sight. A good idea for storage and then just pull it off whe you open the case and WALLA clean "glass" (I know it is a plastic but i cant remember what) with no dust or anything else on it. THat is in my opinion the only thing wrong with the EO tech, no flip up caps to keep out rain and snow.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:35:15 AM EDT
Im pretty sure there is a neoprene type scope coat for the EoTech.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:10:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By new-arguy: Im pretty sure there is a neoprene type scope coat for the EoTech.
View Quote
Yup, there is a neoprene cover for the EOTechs. The only time I cover mine is when cleaning so the sandwich bag is just fine for that. I don't really see a need for the neoprene cover because it's eithe in the rifle case protected or out being shot...[;)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:39:16 AM EDT
When I saw there were neoprene covers for my ACOGs I was hyped to get one. Now I got one I never ever use it. So I know just what you mean!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:32:54 PM EDT
YES ! You are being anal. Feel better now?? I wouldnt bother covering it, as I don't cover my IOR M2 scope, but whatever floats your boat.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:40:34 PM EDT
Damn, I thought you were advertising that EOTech came out with a new condom all their own. You know, one that will help you zero in on your target better, even in low light. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:59:17 AM EDT
Why not just remove it during cleaning? Oh, I forgot, it doesn't have a quick release. That is why I use an Aimpoint with a ARMS mount!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:34:27 AM EDT
I take mine off during cleaning. I use mine with the thumbscrew.Hand tight and then a half turn with a penny etc. No problems with return to zero for me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:54:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CAR-15: Why not just remove it during cleaning? Oh, I forgot, it doesn't have a quick release. That is why I use an Aimpoint with a ARMS mount!
View Quote
Mine has the thumb screws so I could remove it in 2 sseconds during cleaning but it takes 1 second to slip a bag over it and I'don't compromise my zero! Granted the EOTech is suppose to hold +/-1 MOA after remounting but why bother? [;)]
Top Top