Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 12:09:17 PM EDT
I just got my 552 in the mail and tried to mount it directly to my flat top upper.when I looked through it I noticed that it is canted a little to the left side of the gun. I thought it may have been the front sight post but when looking at the charging handle in relation to the eotech I realized it was the eotech.
Is this normal? will it have any affect on shooting/sighting in? will the larue mount fix it?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure you have it mounted on well?  Trying loosening the mounting screw and re-adjusting it into place.  If that's not the problem, then I'm not sure what is.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I loosened it and tried to adjust it numerous times. moved it to the troy mrf and same thing. No matter where I mount it it looks like its leaning to the left.(the side that has the full length section that mounts to the rail.)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My 551 does the same thing on a brand new RRA upper receiver. I think the EO base isn't level where it rests on the receiver rail. I just got used to it, and now I don't even notice it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you post a pic. Iv'e never heard of that before.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#5]
will post pics later tonight
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#6]

I dont know if this may help. Its really starting to get on my nerves!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting....

Here's what I'd try:

1)  Try mounting a different optic and see if it has the same problem.  If it does, then it's probably the rifle that's out of wack.  

2)  If the other optic is fine (ie. rifle not out of wack), I'd call EOTech and ask them about it.  I called them once with some questions and they were unbelievable courteous and seemed very interested in answering my questions.  I don't remember the guys name, but he really took the time to make me feel comfortable about my purchase.  Maybe they'll have you send it in for a look, and maybe exchange it if necessary.  Who knows?

Just my thoughts...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top