Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2006 12:49:54 PM EDT
I noticed that there's a speck of dust in-between the laminate glass layers. I checked and made sure it wasn't just surface dust that could be wiped off - its definitely stuck in there probably at the factory. Has anyone else noticed this? I would expect dust in cheap Chinese optics, but not something like an EOTech. It doesn't affect function, and I can't really see the speck unless I look for it.

I checked and couldn't tell if my 512 was canted. It certainly looks straight when mounted on my M4.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Just checked both of my 512's and no dust present.
Tomac
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure how it could get in there outside of the factory.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm not sure how it could get in there outside of the factory.

If it interfers w/your using it then I suggest you contact Eotech about replacing or repairing it.
Tomac
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#4]
It must have stuck to one of the laminate pieces during assembly in the "clean" room.
It's just a little disappointing to see this in a $300+ optic.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#5]
shit happens, sometimes it ends up in the clean room.  Happens to $1000 optics too.  Call Eotech, test out their customer service.

My 511 sits great with the Accucam
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I bet Eotech will fix it for free.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 7:15:55 AM EDT
[#7]
EOTech shipped out a replacement and paid to ship mine back to them! Great service!
Although it would have saved them money if they caught the EOTechs ahead of time with dust/particles inside the aperture housing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had things like that happen to me, but I'm not going to mention names.  They made it right, and that's what counted to me.  They even gave me some free accessories.  It sucks, but shit does happen.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I live a few blocks down and on the same street as Eotech/L3 communications
and have watched them grow since their orgins at ERIM. I have toured
their facility several times and they put out a top knotch product, with great
people running the show and customer service to boot.

Considering the majority of the assembly "employees" are actually
entry level temps from Phoenix Temp Services, their QC is surprisingly
pretty damn good.

edited too add: pertaining to the top two reflex type sights,
I've also seen greasy smudge marks and dust particles
inside Aimpoints glass as well.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top