Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 7:07:04 PM EDT
Just purchased an EOTech 511 and a BC Cam mount.
What's the most practical way to mount the EOTech on the BC Cam.
A. To co-witness the reticle with BOTH of the iron sights? (So far, that's kind of a pain in the ass).
B. To co-witness the reticle with only the front sight, while looking over the top of the rear sight? (in the 30 minutes I've played with it, IMHO, this seems to be the easiest for target acquisition with both eyes open.)
C. To mount the optic so the 1 MOA dot aligns to the very top of the front site or just above the front site.
D. DON'T EVER TRY TO LOOK THROUGH THE EOTECH WHILE WEARING READING GLASSES...LOOKS LIKE AN ACID TRIP GONE BAD!
E. RE: the BC-Cam mounted to the carry handle. Is the BC Cam supposed to come with any "washers", or is it simply mounted to the top of the carry handle with only the Allen bolt and nut?
F. Which way is the BC Cam mounting nut supposed to screw on the bolt, with the Hex Head portion of the nut towards the top (touching the bottom side of the carry handle) or towards the bottom?
G. In the instructions for the EOTech, it states not to remove the bolt from the mounting portion of the optic, because it may remove the "weaver" type adhesive. Well, of course, I removed it completely before I read the instructions. Should I put a dot of "weaver" or LocTite type of adhesive to the ends of all the bolts?
Lots of questions.
Thanks Chen Lee for all of your advise!
Jeff
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Somebody...Anybody
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top