Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:15:23 PM EST
Has anyone used the 1MOA dot variant of the EOTech? I really like the simplicity of a single dot, but am hesitant to drop $400 on the sight just to check it out.

For those of you who've used this EOTech, did you find the 1MOA hard to pick up quickly?

Alex
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:19:21 PM EST
Here is my horrible attempt at removing the outer ring using MS Paint, maybe this will spark some discussion:

Yojimbo, hopefully you won't be pissed at me for editing your image, it was the cleanest I could find.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:31:25 PM EST
Why don't you like the regular EOTech reticle? It is one of the best reticles around. It has the 1MOA dot for precision and the 65MOA ring for CQB. I think the problem is that guys focus too much on the reticle. Try looking through the reticle and you won't notice the 65 MOA ring.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:30:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By paulosantos:
Why don't you like the regular EOTech reticle? It is one of the best reticles around. It has the 1MOA dot for precision and the 65MOA ring for CQB. I think the problem is that guys focus too much on the reticle. Try looking through the reticle and you won't notice the 65 MOA ring.

Personally I find the sight picture too busy, which is why I prefer Aimpoints. Now if EOTech had a 2MOA dot model then I wouldn't have this dilemma.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:47:45 AM EST
Alex,

Nice photoshop.

Regarding the single dot EOTech, I tried one a while ago when they originally came out. It wasn't bad but I didn't like it as well as the standard reticle.

Personally, I love the EOTech's 65 MOA outer ring and 1 MOA center dot reticle but if all you want is a single dot then, IMHO, an Aimpont M3 would be a better choice.
Top Top