Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2016 1:24:46 PM EDT
Picked up a Colt LE6920 magpul last week and looking to get a EOTECH Holographic for it. I seen some videos where some models are taller than others, does all these type have good viewing where my iron sights co-witness through them? I haven't picked a model yet and flexible.  I'd like to hear from some of the owners to the good and bad about them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They usually have absolute co-witness, so the irons will center about the middle of the glass.

That said, you ask for general opinions on them, they have a pretty poor rep at the moment once it was found they covered up a known flaw with wondering zeros for years.

This thread has some more info:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1814710_F__k_Eotech_Eotech_offering_Refunds_for_HWS_Products.html&page=1
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#2]
There are several EO Tech models which use a quick disconnect base.  These quick release models give lower 1/3 cowitness.  The quick release base raises the EO Tech 7 MM or .284.  Here is a model which incorporates the raised base.

http://swfa.com/EOTech-EXPS3-Military-Holosight-P45430.aspx
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are several EO Tech models which use a quick disconnect base.  These quick release models give lower 1/3 cowitness.  The quick release base raises the EO Tech 7 MM or .284.  Here is a model which incorporates the raised base.
View Quote

I'm looking at the EXPS2 with the QD base, was thinking of adding the G33 Magnifier maybe later. So the 7 mm raise block the lower 1/3 of the iron sight cowitness. Is that cause much of a problem?  I would really not want any blockage but I can see where it would kill the idea of the Magnifier later since it wouldn't tip over to clear the use of the sight only.

I guess it being QD I could drop the sight all together if it failed and I needed to go iron sight only.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#4]
You can use your iron sights through the optic with any model you choose, the only thing that changes is where in the viewing window your irons will be at.  The models with the QD bases will have your irons aligning near the bottom portion of the window.  All other models will have your irons aligning smack dab in the middle of the viewing window.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the EOTech EXPS2 (built in QD mount) and it co-witnesses with my iron sights. If you want a 1/3 lower co-witness you'd need to find a spacer or purchase lower iron sights. Also, just my $0.02 --- for what a red dot is mainly used for in my personal experience has been shooting 250 yards and in which makes me prefer their 1-dot version vs. the 2-dot version I purchased. It still works well but I prefer an uncluttered reticle since I stopped using red dot magnifiers and I dont often use red dot rifles past 300 yard.   YMMV ... Cheers.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]
People still buy eotechs, despite their propensity to die in the safe?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People still buy eotechs, despite their propensity to die in the safe?
View Quote

Don't say that, I just bought one  I know I'm taking a chance but I bought it new.  I have an Aimpoint, Elcan and couple of scopes.  I just wanted a different 1x and this fit the bill.  Fingers crossed
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top