Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2002 2:04:20 PM EDT
What are the differences?  I bought a bushnell, should I return it and order a eotech?  The only external difference I can see is the eotech appears to have a reinforcement around the hood.  I paid $250 for the bushnell at Bass Pro shop, is the eotech worth the extra cash.  It hasn't been mounted yet, I am waiting for the gooseneck mount to come in. Someone let me know.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe Eotech contracted Bushnell to make them when they were starting out.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends on usage. For 99% of us the bushnell
is fine.Eo tech is more walter mitty. If you
really need night vision compatable and are going for scuba insertions..go with the eotech.
I would take it back any way natchez shooters supply is selling refurbished bushnells for $150.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I checked out Natchez and all they had was first generation sights.  I will probably stick with the Bushnell since I don't anticipate any scuba insertions in St Louis anytime soon.  Thanks for the info.  By the way is that extra hood on the eotech just for reinforcement or some other purpose?
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought the name-brand Eotechs had a larger "viewing area"...ie, a bigger 'lens'..

No?
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The Compact Bushnell Holosight is basically an EOTech 500 series.  Take a look at riflescopes.com and you will notice that the EOTech 500's are only $251.95, shipped, w/cover included.  The Bushnell runs $265.95 + s/h, no cover included.  That one is a no brainer.  Both do lack the protective hood (rollbar),the toolless mounting system and night vision compatibility (if you must have that).  

The EOTech 510 series as the hood, toolless mounting, no night vision compatibility.

The EOTech 550 series has all the 510 stuff, plus has night vision compatibility.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Eric.  You answered all my question.  I think I will take my Bushnell back to Bass Pro and order the eotech.  Hell it comes with a cover that the bushnell doesn't have and includes shipping at the same price.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#7]
It's also my understanding that the night vision Eotech takes AAA batteries while the cheaper non-night vision Eotech takes an oddball battery.  So you are paying more for convenience too.

I saw one at the gun show and do like it more than my Comp-M.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#8]
It looks like I am stuck with the bushnell.  Bass Pro would not take it back without the reciept, which I couldn't find, even though I used a credit card and I am sure they have a record of the transaction.  Oh well it will cost them a couple thousand dollars of my business a year since they didn't want to refund a mere $250.  I will be taking my business for ammo, camping and other shooting supplies elswhere.  Live and learn.  I should have shopped around before the purchase.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top