BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 8:53:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a camo kinda guy, but that looks great...good job.

Nice toe also
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks pretty good from the pic . How do you think it turned out ?  Did you do both camo jobs. ?  If so how did you like working with Dura Coat ?  TIA

I started out stripping and using Duracoat as my first layer.  I put about 4 light coats of tan.   Working with Duracoat is pretty easy.  It is very tough, I like it for a base coat.  I used Kylon for the overcoat, just to break up the outline.  I used 3 colors, but kept the tan base.  
I have a couple of very professional jobs, but they are almost too pretty.  I was looking for something that  blended in the grass and scrub.  

The mags are just Duracoat, I played with the mixture for higher and lower gloss.  I use mags as a test bed.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Good lookin paint job ya got there!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top