Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2005 10:40:23 AM EDT
It is pretty hard to tell from Lauer's website what would be the best color match to a MagPul OD green stock?
Has anyone done an actual color match, and if so, what was closest?

EDIT:
Joe (enforcer22) let me know that he matches the color using a 3 color blend. And if you have seen his work (LINK) you would know he is 'da man'.

I called Lauer and asked "what would match Magpul's OD green" and go "Ah...OD green?". Must have not been a tech.

I'm going with AUG green since my VFG is an AUG part. AUG green will be a little lighter, but that is fine. I'll post a photo(s) when done.

BTW thanks to  moosemcnally, he sent me some great photos of his 'paint jobs'.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not ask them via email?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why not ask them via email?

I did. And one of the refinish guys. But it is the weekend, and I like the first hand input from fellow ARcomers, they are the best source IMO.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
What did they say?  I hate to say it, but there are a lot of opinions here that I wouldn't trust to break an egg.  I hope someone who has useable info posts for you, as opposed to the posters who play parrot and repeat what they have heard......

Enforcer22 is who you probably want to hear your info from.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure whether you got his email, or my PM, but thanks.  I figured you could give him a legit answer.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top