Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 7:44:27 PM EDT
Anybody have any feedback on this stock?  http://www.duostock.com/indexx.html

So far I have talked to two people who seem to like it but I would like more input.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:22:13 PM EDT
This comes up every now and then.  I see what they are trying to do, but I prefer to do it with technique rather than hardward.  Though it would make a nifty backup canoe paddle .

Seriously usually when this comes up all most people can say is they don't like the way it looks or something equally enlightening.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:30:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2006 8:35:54 PM EDT by Mr10anahaf]

Originally Posted By Forest:
Seriously usually when this comes up all most people can say is they don't like the way it looks or something equally enlightening.  

Sadly your right, it never even gets to someone giving an actual range report, just a few pages of "it's ugly" and " not on my AR" I tried one out at a convention, it was really nice, would have liked to of tried it with my vest on. For me, it worked because with my Eotech I tend to shoulder high, dunno why. The Duo, at least I think, would cater to that style of hold. I guess the only reason I have not picked one up yet, is because I can't see getting something new when the stock ( M4) I have is working fine.

Made the link hot for you http://www.duostock.com/indexx.html
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:36:39 PM EDT
I have one but only shot with it for about a hundred rounds. You can just as easily shoot with it as you would a normal butstock. But when you shoulder it up high it really changes the recoil. Shooting nose to charging handle can start to hurt. I guess its cause it doesnt allow your shoulder to asorb the recoil, but thats just a guess. I dont understand the science behind it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:37:39 PM EDT
It is ugly as sin that is true.  I work and train with my body armor on and I find the issue M-4 stock to be lacking.  I end up with only the bottom portion of the stock in contact with my body and slipping off of my vest.  This is where this stock seems to come in.  The two individuals I talked to have similar issues.  I think most people have a hard time getting past the looks of the piece to even test it out.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:55:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Contractor:
  I work and train with my body armor on and I find the issue M-4 stock to be lacking.  I end up with only the bottom portion of the stock in contact with my body and slipping off of my vest.  

I had the same problem, I ended putting a rubber pad on my stock, seems the rubber offers more friction against my uniform, thus less slipping. I think the duo has the same issue, I can't remember but I don't think the end of the stock has did not have much grip to it. Can some one confirm this?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:00:56 PM EDT
It isnt anymore "grippy" than any other buttstock.
Top Top