User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 12:09:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Well I finally broke down and bought a Surefire, which was really bright but now has become a teeny tiny club. I guess I played with it too much and those batteries don't last very long.
View Quote

I know the problem [;)].  Its been hard NOT to play with my 650 - I don't want to use up the 'battery stick'.  So I'll have to keep a pair of 123s around for practice.

From the "Surefire" name on the side of the battery am I too assume that I am not going to replace these batteries at my local Radio Shack?
View Quote

Sure you can.  These are VERY common batteries - you can get them anyware that sells film (as they are commonly used in cameras).

The catch is you'll likely pay $8 for a single battery - or $12-15 for a pair.

Order them from Surefire.com and you'll pay $15 for 12 batteries (that's $1.25 each).  MUCH more economical.

Too bad I wanted to try a low light shoot this weekend,
View Quote

No problem - hit Safeway, CVS, or Walmart and spend the $12 for a pair (or $16 if you have to buy them individually) so you'll be able to use it this weekend.  Then order a box or two from Surefire.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Being "forced" due to time pressure or whatever to buy 123A batteries from a "shop" is very good motivation to order an SF72BB (72 x SF123A) from SureFire so you can play with your SureFire all you like for a while at least!

Al
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'm not too proud to admit I learned something from this thread.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Just did a huge order on Surefire batteries direct from them for everyone at work.

The savings is WAY too good to pass up after years of paying Walmart's "discount" prices.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey how long do these things last?
View Quote

Surefire advertises the 65 lumen lamps (P60) last for an hour.  My experience has been they give full 65 Lumens for 30-40 minutes then it starts falling off.  But this was during heavy use - more intermittant use and they probably do go the full 60 minutes.

My weaponlight has a P61 (120 lumens) which is rated for 20 mintutes - I wonder how long it will really go with heavier use.

BTW I also buy alot of these batteries.  My wife is a photograph/scrapbooking nut so she's always in my stash for her camera.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I have 2 12 packs on the way from Surefire right now. Can't beat their price! (at least on the batteries, for now...)
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Am I the "British flashlight guy" ?

I am friends with PK - the man who heads up SureFire's New Products Development.
I am British and living in England. I work for a testing & certification lab (not military)
[img]http://www.pk-engineering.com/pk/familynfriends/hooterscrew.jpg[/img]
I'm the one in the SureFire unifrom next to PK... This was taken at the SHOT Show 2003 in Orlando.

I would rather call myself the British SureFire guy as SureFires are my hobby:
[img]http://www.pk-engineering.com/Size15/images1/SureFire%20E1e-Size15%2064.jpg[/img]

Getting hold of SF123A batteries is slightly more difficult for me. I order the SF72BB brick from friendly SureFire Dealers (who can ship internationally) and sometimes my friends at SureFire send me some (which is very kind of them). I usually stock up when I visit the States. I hope to be at the SHOT Show 2004 in Vegas again. If you see me I'm likely to have some of the coolest SureFires on me that you'll see at the show.

As for firearms - I'm not a user and have little interest but it would be cool to start to learn the basics. This trip to the States will be just be to Vegas I think. There'll be other chances to experience the AR15/M4 and others I'm sure.

Al :)
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Become a member of CandlePowerForums and you can get 123s for $1 each.

[url]http://www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm[/url]

Does anyone know if you can cut a Duracell 223 open and use the cells as seperate 123 cells?  If so you can get 123 Duracells for $.50 each.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Goddam...

there's a whole fuckin subculture out there about batteries and I didn't know about it!!!

I'm going there now.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top