Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2003 12:59:09 PM EDT
Is the black bottle I buy in the stores and the grey bottle you seen on their website the same formula of FP-10 CLP?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeap,according to George Fennell of MPC/Firepower FP-10 it is.He makes the FP-10 and sells it to Shooters Choice.See the link on his site that addresses the topic.
Raymond
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep ...what Raymond said.
Same formula. I make it and sell it to Shooter's Choice, the ONLY company outside of my own that is permitted to market it in their own line. Everyone else are distributors.

Here's the skinny:
[url]http://www.fp10.com/MPC-SC.htm[/url]

Best regards,
George
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
This place is awesome, where else can you ask questions about products and actually have the maker of the product ready to respond?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This place is awesome, where else can you ask questions about products and actually have the maker of the product ready to respond?
View Quote

I agree totally, this site and it's Members ROCK!

Danny
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:22:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a bottle of FP-10 that is about 7 years old. Is this the same as the stuff currently available? I assume this will clean as well as lube. Am I correct??? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Signal4L,

It's the old formula, but still cleans lubes and protects very well. When I modified it in January of 2002, I removed the colloid (cloudy stuff - essentially emulsified Lithium hydroyx) which allowed it to work at the MIL-SPEC temperature of -65 deg F.

At the same time I moved to a base oil that is so unique, insomuch, as it has all of the characteristics of a solvent, without having solvents or volatiles in it, so no health risks there.

Thirdly, I went to a new and better active petronate that is awesome at inhibiting rust and other forms of corrosion.

Your's will work fine, but the newer formula REALLY rocks.

Best regards,
George
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I removed the colloid (cloudy stuff - essentially emulsified Lithium hydroyx) which allowed it to work at the MIL-SPEC temperature of -65 deg F.
View Quote

And those of us in frozen ass Alaska thank you for that, George!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And those of us in frozen ass Alaska thank you for that, George!
View Quote

You are MOST welcome, Mike...stay warm up yonder, and keep a vigilant eye to the west.

OH...my bad...the Cold War is over. OK, according to Trey Parker and Matt Stone, you have to keep an eye to the south, now.[%|]

Brest regards,
George

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top