Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2004 9:19:10 PM EDT
After the big build-up, I now have two new "post-sunset" M4geries sitting in the gun safe. Problem is, after a bit of fondling, the novelty is already wearing off . How long will it be before people start switching back to fixed stocks and the price of folders drops through the floor ?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#1]
After a few months more ppl will just put whats comfortable on their rifles, but until that time, I'm thinking about getting some folding stocks myself.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had a collapsible stock on my carbine for 4 years and have yet to consider it a novelty.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:09:27 AM EDT
[#3]
My carbine will stay with my Sully.  However I will get a telestock for my son's M4gery so he will be able to adjust the stock as he grows..
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Such stocks are just too handy.  At the same time, they're too flimsy for accuracy so it completely comes down to what you want to use it for, utility or precision.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#5]
novelty that would be the bayo lug. the stock issue is very usefull.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Folding stock?  WTF?  Sounds like POSER CITY to me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree that the older 4 position CAR types are too small and flimsy for accuracy shooting, but the newer RRA 6 position has the same size butt and length of pull as a fixed and feels just as solid to me.  I plan to get one of the shotgun size hardcases (35" long) and the rifle will just fit in it
if I get the 6 position stock.   Otherwise,  my current case is 49" long and will only fit in the back if I  fold the rear seats down.  It's no big deal when just going to the range and back.  But if  I have
other stuff in the back seats or need to stop at the store on the way, then I don't like the gun case
to be sticking out  in plain view where someone might be tempted to break in a steal it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Such stocks are just too handy.  At the same time, they're too flimsy for accuracy so it completely comes down to what you want to use it for, utility or precision.

You obviously have not tried the Vltors, Crane and newer stocks...I have Vltors on mine now and will put them on the new ones I build. They are very sturdy and give an excellent cheek weld. I doubt that I will ever use a full stock again... YMMV
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Folding stock?  WTF?  Sounds like POSER CITY to me.

Must be a lot of Olympic Arms parts floating around.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one I dont care for it that much, Im keeping my AK with a normal stock, they next one Im going to get a folder for though.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:08:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top