Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/12/2004 7:36:33 PM EST
Do all the major manufacturer's use some type of dry film lube inside their upper receivers, or is it something only Bushmaster does? I'm specifically curious about armalite/eagle arms uppers, since I'm considering buying one. Does the military specify this process in their uppers? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:44:32 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:35:39 AM EST
I don't see how it matters much assuming you are going to keep your rifle properly lubricated. If you want the dry film lube, you can have it done yourself I suppose, it's not that hard.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:35:40 AM EST
I don't see how it matters much assuming you are going to keep your rifle properly lubricated. If you want the dry film lube, you can have it done yourself I suppose, it's not that hard.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:42:34 AM EST
I always keep my rifle well lubricated, so I guess it shouldn't be a problem. It sounds like it's a nice touch to have, but not really needed. I'm a little surprised that colt doesn't do it. I guess that shows that they don't feel it's needed either. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:45:50 AM EST
You mean I'm supossed to lube that thing?

Ahh, I see it now. It's pretty much worn off my bushy after aprox' 1000 rounds. It looks like my La Belle mags.
Top Top