Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 8:36:33 PM EDT
Do all the major manufacturer's use some type of dry film lube inside their upper receivers, or is it something only Bushmaster does?  I'm specifically curious about armalite/eagle arms uppers, since I'm considering buying one.  Does the military specify this process in their uppers?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:35:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't see how it matters much assuming you are going to keep your rifle properly lubricated.  If you want the dry film lube, you can have it done yourself I suppose, it's not that hard.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:35:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't see how it matters much assuming you are going to keep your rifle properly lubricated.  If you want the dry film lube, you can have it done yourself I suppose, it's not that hard.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I always keep my rifle well lubricated, so I guess it shouldn't be a problem.  It sounds like it's a nice touch to have, but not really needed.  I'm a little surprised that colt doesn't do it.  I guess that shows that they don't feel it's needed either.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#5]
You mean I'm supossed to lube that thing?

Ahh, I see it now. It's pretty much worn off my bushy after aprox' 1000 rounds. It looks like my La Belle mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top