Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 5:53:30 PM EDT
Any suggestions to a good or jus decent drop in trigger.  I've got a standard Bushmaster xm15 and I'm not crazy on the trigger?  Maybe even just a better sear or hammer or spring kit?  

Any info would be of help.

Lovesbeer99 (but shoots safe).

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Chip McCormick makes a good one.
Some people say others are good also - but do not have those..
The CMcC 's that I have --
They both run wonderfully - 100 Xs better thatn the standard trigger.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
the Rock river 2 stage national match trigger is pretty damn good for the money.

+1.  I have 3 and love them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Hate to hijack the thread, but what is the deal with a two stage trigger?  
I have a standard RRA trigger in my AR, and I'm not impressed.  It isn't horrible, but it does creep a bit.  I just don't know how a two stage trigger compares.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hate to hijack the thread, but what is the deal with a two stage trigger?  
I have a standard RRA trigger in my AR, and I'm not impressed.  It isn't horrible, but it does creep a bit.  I just don't know how a two stage trigger compares.

2 stage triggers are allright on precision rifles.  I generally don't dig them.

I do NOT like the RRA NM 2-stage.

I DO like the CMC single and 2 stage triggers, and I have a single in one of my ARs.  It's a great trigger.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
i've experience with the RRA two stage, Jard single and two stage units, and the CMC two stage flat unit.  

the RRA is a good value at it's price.  i've had varying results with the Jard units...  the Chip McCormick unit is not only "drop in" in every sense of the words but is hands down the finest trigger i've used.  i love it.  it costs money but is well worth it.

if you want to spend the scratch, go with CMC, if you need to shave a couple bucks, try the RRA.

HTH.

septic tank
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Not trying to hi-jack, but would yall trust a Chip Mcormick,single stage for shtf. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not trying to hi-jack, but would yall trust a Chip Mcormick,single stage for shtf. Thanks

i don't understand what you mean?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I do, but people have advised me not to.  I understand their logic, but I'm not sure I believe that the CMC is more likely to fail than the GI trigger.  It's always functioned for me.  One person made the argument that the GI trigger is safer because the heavier pull, but I pointed out the multitude of people CCW'ing hair trigger 1911s all the while claiming that the CMC trigger is too light to be safe in a SHTF gun.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do, but people have advised me not to.  I understand their logic, but I'm not sure I believe that the CMC is more likely to fail than the GI trigger.  It's always functioned for me.  One person made the argument that the GI trigger is safer because the heavier pull, but I pointed out the multitude of people CCW'ing hair trigger 1911s all the while claiming that the CMC trigger is too light to be safe in a SHTF gun.

That just goes to point out the "Duality of man"  That and Darwin will ultimately be proven right.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
the Rock river 2 stage national match trigger is pretty damn good for the money. (~80 bucks)

+1 thats all I use, they are 1/2 the price of a drop in and very very easy to install
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Chip McCormick Single Stage Flat on my Varm rifle and a Chip McCormick 2 stage curved on my 16 incher and love them both.  My 6 year old loves the 2 stage.  He killed his first deer at 65 yard with it this year.  One shot one kill.  Chip McCormick gets a thumb up for each from me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:59:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ok, i get it...  well, CMC or not, i have to admit, for true tactical or military work, i think a two stage is probably more safe and can prove to be a good trigger just as any other.  i don't have 20,000 rounds on the CMC, so i can't speak to longevity.  i believe it is well made and it is consistent.  maybe lovesbeer99 would be better served if he/she mentioned what kind of use this rig will see?

hope this helps.

septic tank
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#14]
1st - I'd like to thank everyone for the replies.  I'll start looking at all the suggestions to see if they fit my needs.  Maybe I should be more specific.  My current trigger has a very rough take up. It feels like I'm rubbing 2 sheets of 80 grit sandpaper. The a very heavy pull, and it doesn't seem to return all the way.  I'm sure if I had a smith look at it he could polish this or that, but having a 10/22 I used a simple drop in and it was great.  

My needs. I'd basically like to keep it as is, but the take up should be smooth, the break crisp and just a little lighter.  I don't shoot competition, I just shoot very cheap ammo and have lots of fun.  

Maybe I should just have a smith look at it.  Any one in NJ recommended?

Thanks again.

Lovesbeer (but shoots safe)
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the Rock river 2 stage national match trigger is pretty damn good for the money.

+1.  I have 3 and love them.

+2
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top