Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 1:38:39 AM EDT
Howdy

I am in the market for a .308 and was thinking of going with the dpms ap4 308 or a jld rifle. I am leaning more twards the dpms because I like the ar-15 style 308.

How do thies rifles run with surplus ammo?  And for the most part are they reliable?

Opinion's are much appreciated.

Thank's Guys
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Just purchased a DPMS Panther 18" about 6 weeks ago and have put about 1000rnds thru it the first couple of hundred were alittle stiff but after that all have been well and all ammo has been surplus (SA, ADI, Port no Indian crap) the rifle still is very tight, fit and finish is perfect breakdown and service is pretty straight forward the bolt components all seem to have little wear hell even the gas rings still have a good seal
As far as the AP4 in .308 that would not be for me as it limits the range of the .308 round but you get what you are going to shoot I also looked at JLD products at chose DPMS for the better quaility
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top