Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:39:41 AM EDT
I was just curious if anyone has any information about this option or if it is even possible. The other day this idea poped into my head. For years I have been paintballing and I have installed double triggers on all my guns. I was looking at my ar and it occured to me that if someone makes one, you could just remove the trigger guard peice ( that peice below the trigger that just appears to be pinned in) and install one.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this wouldn't work or why I shouldn't attemp this? It also seems to me without the trigger guard it would be easier to fire while wearing cold weather gloves on (remember Alaskan hunter here). Is this illegal in anyway or just not a smart idea? Again any feedback will be considered.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#2]
STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the double trigger on a paintball gun is intended to allow you to fire at a faster rate to spray paint at your target. unless you're a member of al-queda the spray and pray method is stupid. You shouldn't be spraying bullets with no regards to accuracy that's just plain irresponsible. I   never understood the double trigger thing myself, I could always shoot faster with one finger on the trigger anyway.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#3]
' ' '  (_(_) (_|_) (_)_)  ' ' '

:-)
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never heard of a dumber idea for an AR in my life.... no wait, that one ball joint stock was bad too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#6]
What do you mean by a double trigger?  Do you mean a two-stage trigger?  The only rifles that have true double triggers are double rifles like this:

Some bolt action rifles have double set triggers, but only one of the two triggers actually releases the sear.  The other trigger is pulled to "set" the hair trigger, making the real trigger's pull become ounces instead of pounds:
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#7]
nope he means a trigger that's long enough to pull with two fingers. It's supposed to help you fire faster
like this.    http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=X2rs56u7HSrsnulBEhMsT6FyYVmz7zC5Mfk=?ProductID=ABPAqArb9%2eoAAAEC7QXjnsvk
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
nope he means a trigger that's long enough to pull with two fingers. It's supposed to help you fire faster
like this.    http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=X2rs56u7HSrsnulBEhMsT6FyYVmz7zC5Mfk=?ProductID=ABPAqArb9%2eoAAAEC7QXjnsvk

Ooooooooooooooooohhhhh!
I see, said the blind man.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#9]
hey somebody photoshop it and see just how stupid it looks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh my god!I wonder if they ever thought of the glove thing when they just happened to put a pin in that guard.

j/k That is what its for.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Just an idea, I am unfamiliar with "bump-firing", also correct to the link to one, It wouldn't be for any tactical purpose (except for firing while wearing thicker gloves) moreso just for fun and uniqueness. Any comprimise of structural integrety by removing the guard?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#13]
No,that is what it is for.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#14]
A longer trigger allows the index and middle finger to "flutter" to get the trigger moving twice as fast. I've heard of friends brag about their mods on their paintball guns. These guys can get some really high ROFs with double triggers. Imagine dumping a mag as fast as you can with a stock AR. Then roughly double it. It's just a really cheap way to simulate class 3 goodies.

I have never tried it myself, so take the following with a grain of salt: the AR's FCG might not be all too conducive for this sort of thing. The trigger has to reset completely to let the disconnector release the hammer to engage the trigger sear. This is something that might not happen consistently with very fast and short strokes while working an extra long trigger like paintballers do on their guns.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#15]
What's with the resurgence of the airsoft threads lately?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#16]
made it live
for us lazy people.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top