Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 9:00:07 AM EDT
What causes my Bushmaster AR15 to doubletap. It happens a few times everytime I shoot it.

Is the Firingpin,bolt,ect getting worn out...?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Thanks for any and all Help - Travis
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:05:05 AM EDT
Worn disconnector, or you're keeping your finger on the trigger after your first shot (like a bump fire).
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:07:58 AM EDT
Disconnector. Can I replace it in or does it need to be put in by a Pro. How much does it cost.

Thanks - Travis
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:13:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2005 9:14:29 AM EDT by WIZZO_ARAKM14]
I just looked on Bushy's website. The disconnector is only about $6 from them.
Bushmaster small parts

It's pretty easy to do. Maybe 5 minutes if you have the correct sized punch to get the trigger pin out.

WIZZO

WOW! first time I ever linked to anything. And more amazingly......it worked
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:51:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:
I just looked on Bushy's website. The disconnector is only about $6 from them.
Bushmaster small parts

It's pretty easy to do. Maybe 5 minutes if you have the correct sized punch to get the trigger pin out.

Spot on.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:02:55 AM EDT
Mine was a Hammer/Trigger replacement, for what it's worth.

My weapon would fire a second round when I let off the trigger after firing the first round.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:16:06 PM EDT
It could also be your disconnector spring. Replace both the spring and the disconnector. An enhanced spring would be good also. Specialized Armament Warehouse (www.sawsales.com) has them on-line for about $3.00 part # SA06001. They also have the disconnetor. Good luck and good shooting
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:55:50 PM EDT
As mentioned it can also be bad engagement between the hammer and trigger - particularly if someone has polished the nose of the trigger in an attempt to get a better trigger pull. In any case, it is a cheap repair.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:06:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
As mentioned it can also be bad engagement between the hammer and trigger - particularly if someone has polished the nose of the trigger in an attempt to get a better trigger pull. In any case, it is a cheap repair.

YES! I had Ken look at mine because I like getting it right the first time. My parts were unmodified, but that was still my problem.
Top Top