Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2005 12:24:30 PM EDT
Hey everyone...been lurking for a little while and I'm about to do my first build. I've been looking around at lowers and the cheapest I can get one transferred, while still staying in the "quality" pieces and was about to get the $105/free shipped RRA lower as seen in the EE from Eagle Arms. Look on their website and low and behold, a local shop already has an FFL on file there...

So, to make a long story short (too late), I go down to said local dealer to inquire and they have, in stock, Double Star stripped lowers for $99. Question is, does Double Star make good receivers? Looked like a nice piece. Besides, they're made less than 30 min. from my front door.

And btw, if you live in or around Lexington and are looking for the deal, you'll find it at Fayette Firearms, Lexington, KY

Thanks,

Jbot
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:00:43 PM EDT
YES, They are distributed by J&T which has their own forums in the Industries section.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:14:16 PM EDT
+1

doubles star makes nice lowers and the sister comp. jt distributing makes nice parts kits
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:29:15 PM EDT
Thanks, guys. I've read quite a bit about building an AR, but hadn't even heard of Double Star yet. I was so happy to find a local dealer with lowers in stock. Then the guy tells me they're made in Winchester, KY, which is beautiful...cause, like I said, it's about 30 minutes from my front door.

As a plus, I got this little story. The dealer told me that they had a customer come in and order a A3 upper. They ordered it for the customer and ended up ordering the wrong upper...an A2. I wasn't the customer's fault, wasn't Double Star's fault, it was the dealer's fault...he simply ordered the wrong part. The dealer calls Double Star and the owner himself immediately drives from Winchester to Lexington and hand delivers the A3 upper to the customer at the shop. Nice.

Anyhow, I'm going to get the lower receiver next Friday. Can't wait to start my first build. (Actually the first firearm I've ever owned.)

Thanks again,

Jbot
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:40:20 PM EDT
sounds like the good people at jt
Top Top