Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 1:32:07 PM EDT
I was at a gun show today and a guy had a Double Star striped Lower for 140+ tax.

Just wanted to know if this was a good price?

I didn’t get one mainly because the guy was a dick when I asked him a question.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
hell no, most go for 99 to 125, they are great lowers. gunshow price are a joke
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I would have bought it.

By the time you find a place around here that will order you stripped lowers and factor in their transfer fee, it is still worth it $140.

For me if I buy a lower I'm automatically saving 250-300 dollars on the rifle build versus buying it at a store, so what is an extra fifty bucks for a marked up lower.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#3]
They're great lowers, but that price was high. I bought my last one for $99 + $8 sales tax = $107 OTD. OTOH, the Double Star lowers are the equal of the ones I see here for much higher prices, so I guess it depends on how you look at it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Going gun broker price is 110+12shipping+25 transfer fee at my dealer so 147 total, at gun show 148 with after tax....

One dealer at the gun show had 210 on a RRA striped lower I almost busted out loud laughing.

Yes gun shows are a joke.

I offered another guy 120 for the same lower but he declined and didn’t come back with a counter offer so I left.

Found a site that’s got compete double star lowers for 210+shipping+fee’s totaling 250 or so, that’s what made me think twice about getting one striped lower for 140.

Thanks for the input
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top