Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 5:05:59 PM EDT
Has anyone on heard of these recievers or built a rifle useing one of these recievers. I dealer at the gun show had a slew of these stripped lowers for sale and was getting $105 for them. I am fairly new to ARs and have never heard of this manufacturer can anyone tell me if these are good quality, and what kind of finish is on these lowers.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe Double-Star is made by the same people that make the J&T kits.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
They are the sister company to J&T.  I'm partners in an FFL and we are the mid TN dealers for these guns.  We set up next to J&T and sell the lowers, then I assemble the lower parts kit for the buyer.  Sort of a symbiotic relationship.  Anyway, of all the guns I've put together I have only one issue.  There was excessive phosphate in the front pin hole.  Sliding the push pin back and forth fixed that issue.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]
They are very nicely done. Double Star is trying to break into the market of lowers and they seem to be doing a very good job. With so many companies out there everyones quality seems to be way up in order to compete. So that is a good thing.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey guys, thanks for all the info. I'm glad to hear good things about them,since I went ahead and bought one at the show. I am planing to use it with either a "Model 1" kit or an "Olympic Arms" kit. It will be my first build and first AR so I've got my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Troy, you are correct.  BUT, why the heck do you get that match stick smell when you first put these things together?  You know that smell like when you fart and have to light a match?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top