Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 5:01:34 AM EDT
I am about to start my first biuld and was wondering if Double Star recievers were any good, and if it was a good choice for first time build. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:01:57 AM EDT
I have heard good things. I believe this is JTDistributing's brand name.  Ypo might check the industry forum.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:36:49 PM EDT

I've seen lots of their kits--both my builds and others--and the last one I  built about 3 months ago was first class--and as good as anybody's factory parts. I intend to buy another of their kits soon--just haven't decided which one.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:45:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/23/2003 3:56:41 PM EDT by 123whisper]
My buddy talked to a guy at Indy that sold all sorts of receivers and he said that DoubleStar was the only one that he never had any trouble putting parts kits in.  Then again, I am sure that because of the new name, he hasn't went through as many doublestars as he has other names.  He bought it for a display so he wanted the least expensive one there.

We have one as a display model with a RRA 2-stage and an ACE stock.  It seems to be off good quality.  Uppers pin on it fine.  I doubt that you would have any problems with it.

How much do you pay for a DoubleStar?

*edit*  I can't believe that I forgot this part.  My buddy says that underneath the pistol grip it is stamped CMT.  That would be Continental Machine Tool, which do RRA and BM.  So, what's in a name, moonbeam?[;)]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:19:34 PM EDT
Doublestar is J&T Dist. Quality is on par with any manufacturer of parts. I use J&T parts almost exclusively in my builds and they work great.
Dealing with customer svc. is excellent also.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:48:20 AM EDT
I payed $130.00 out the door. It was go ahead and get it or wait untill a gunshow comes. AR recievers ar hard to come buy around here. Thats why I probably payed too much. Did I?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:33:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By makattack:
I payed $130.00 out the door. It was go ahead and get it or wait untill a gunshow comes. AR recievers ar hard to come buy around here. Thats why I probably payed too much. Did I?
View Quote

No receivers from the suppliers run around $100, then add $10 shipping and then $20 FFL transfer fee and you are at the same price.

Top Top