Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2005 7:52:11 PM EDT
A month or two ago there was a thread about someone who had a double feed.  If anyone could post a link to that thread I'd be most appreciative.  

I had the same thing today -- the fired round was extracted and clear of the weapon, one good round about 50-60% chambered and the following round wedged in there below it tight as a you know what.  Sorry, no pics, but it seemed to look exactly like the earlier therad I referred to above.  Not sure if the upper round was lined up with the chamber or was wedged up higher against the gas tube, wish now I would have looked for that.  All I remember seeing was a lot of shiny brass trying to occupy a little hole.

Had to beat the hell out of the buttstock on the ground while holding CH to the rear before the jam cleared.  I'm guessing at least 15-20 buttstrikes.  Needless to say I was getting pissed off, but I did get the weapon cleared.  

Just wanting to do some research on old threads -- is this a mag issue or something else?  GI 30 rounder, using stock spring and Magpul follower.  Mag looked good, feed lips looked good.  Ammo was reloaded 55 FMJ, seated to cannelure and crimped, using H335 downloaded by 1 grain.  I've never chronographed this but I'm guessing it's probably Federal AE or a bit hotter equivalent.  Cases were all FL resized and trimmed.  I've reloaded for years -- before everyone starts claiming shitty reloads, I have confidence in my abilities and procedures to produce good rounds.  Not saying there couldn't heve been a problem there, but I seriously doubt it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
go to the trouble shooting forum, im sure tweak has a thread about it there somewhere
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 7:11:55 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not on the Troubleshooting board.  Also, the original thread was on this board.
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
....I had the same thing today -- the fired round was extracted and clear of the weapon, one good round about 50-60% chambered and the following round wedged in there below it tight as a you know what.  .....

Two live rounds tried to feed?

If so the cause is ALWAYS the magazine.  It doesn't matter how good you think the feedlips look,  there is a problem with them.

Remove the follower, crush the magazine, get a new magazine and reinstall the follower.  You'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
....I had the same thing today -- the fired round was extracted and clear of the weapon, one good round about 50-60% chambered and the following round wedged in there below it tight as a you know what.  .....

If so the cause is ALWAYS the magazine.  It doesn't matter how good you think the feedlips look,  there is a problem with them.

Remove the follower, crush the magazine, get a new magazine and reinstall the follower.  You'll be good to go.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:08:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would disagree.  If it is on a SBR the violent force of the carrier traveling back into the buffer can cause the premture release.  I know when  I run a particular type of ammo with the suppressor attached this becomes a problem and has to be watched!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:22:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top