Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 4:29:27 AM EDT
Which reticle do you think is better in the TA11, the donut or chevron?  And why?  Am looking at the TA11C and TA11E and want to know the positives and negatives of each.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#1]
mmmmm, donuts

It's really personal preferance , I actually like the chevron better.

I can do a little more prescision shooting with the tip of the chevron.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
(Raises hand)  Sub MOA out to 450 yrds on Sunday with the doh_nut.

Pesonal pref.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I love the Donut o' Death for close in work, I have no trouble nailing silhouettes to 300 yards with it, and past that you're using the BDC ladder anyway so there it's the same with either reticle.

The general consensus seems to be: DoD for excellent fast shots in close with good control for shots from 100 - 300 yards; Chevron for precison aiming on 100 yard shots plus decent CQB work.

That about right, guys
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Most 3Gun guys I know including myself like the donut, but one of the top shooters (Taran? I can't remember) shoots the Chevron.  It basically comes down to personal preference and then practice.  

I find the donut a little hard to use at small ( 6-8" sqare or smaller) targets from 250 - 350 yards, because it obscures lots of the target.  At about 350 and beyond, they'll be equivalent because you're below the main reticle and on the BDC.

-z
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had both and personally I prefer the donut....But as Zak stated it's personal preference.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had both, triangle and donut.  They're both tiny reticles that can be used as a red dot for cqb.
The hole in the donut is so small that to see through it (the hole) the target would have to quite a ways off in the distance.
For that distance shot there should be the extra half second available to utilize the triangles tip.
TRIANGLE TA-11D (everything you need from the chevron and donut).

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top