Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 9:15:32 AM EDT
I plan to mount it to a 20" upper and shoot M193.  Perfect so far.

Does the donut reticle work when mounted to a flat top rather that a carry handle?  I know this isn't "suggested" but I'm wondering if anyone has tried to make this work.  Can it even be sighted in properly?

Or maybe I should just keep trolling around for a TA31F and not pay attention to all the donuts that keep coming up on the EE.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Read this:The Big ACOG BDC Chart.  It shows the different adjustments for ACOGs that are not "optimized".

Short answer: if you want to flat mount a TA31, it'll work fine; the compensation required is not large at all.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Gravy.  Within MOA for the BDC - not nuts-on as the 31F would be, but good enough for a shooter like me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Gravy.  Within MOA for the BDC - not nuts-on as the 31F would be, but good enough for a shooter like me.

Yep, close enough for combat accuracy
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:28:42 AM EDT
[#4]
It really doesn't matter. Any way you cut it, you're going to have to experiment and learn some hold-offs from the BDC indications. Even if you use the exact ammo specified (not likely), in the exact mounting configuration specified for the reticle in question, if you change altitude or temperature from standard (highly likely) the BDC is going to be off from reality.

I use a TA-11 on a 20" flat top with 77 gr. ammo; a combination disimilar to anything Trijicon specifies. By shooting the gun to learn where the bullet actually goes, I'm good from 0 - 600 yards. Speaking of yards, you do know that the ACOG bdc's are calibrated for meters, right? Another problem...

Luck,

SD
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top