Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/5/2003 8:05:25 AM EDT
It's like Scotty said...."there comes a time when you can't fall in love again." I'm feelin that way. My old (1988) Colt AR15-A2 HBAR Just called to me from the gun safe and she asked of me........what does Bushmaster an all these pre-bans have that I don't?

I had to answer honestly......not a damn thing. I told her that she had a 1:7 barrel twist and that was just fine. I told her that all the recent acronyms were just so much hooey. After ALL, YOU HAVE a bayonet lug!!!!! I explained to her that KISS is still alive.

Still.........I sometimes feel guilty about almost abandoning the concept........Has the postban thing helped or hurt in the long haul?

And how much of the bill should Bill get?

Certainly the landscape id much different from 10 years ago.

How much of the preban gunscape do we really recognize?

How much will really show up if things really sunset?

How much has changed?

How long will it take to get reasonably priced mags if ever???????

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:08:01 AM EDT
humm
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:11:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SpentShellz: humm
View Quote
nothing wrong with pissed off and introspective so a great big HUMMMMM to you too![bounce]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:28:51 AM EDT
Well take the SEBR for example. Great rifle but you would never have seen it pre ban......it just wasn't in the cards. The concept just wasn't there. Thats what I'm talkin about.........pre-ban folks please chime in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:37:25 AM EDT
I was pretty young when the ban came into affect, but I think that there has been a lot of creativity that we would not have seen if it were not in place. When we could not have the rifles look exactly like the prebans we were forced to gussie them up in other ways. Just look at all of the stock designs that came about due to lack of colapsable stocks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:11:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By killingmachine123: I was pretty young when the ban came into affect, but I think that there has been a lot of creativity that we would not have seen if it were not in place. When we could not have the rifles look exactly like the prebans we were forced to gussie them up in other ways. Just look at all of the stock designs that came about due to lack of colapsable stocks.
View Quote
You have a good point! Creativity and versatility have blossomed. Anyone have any guesses as to what will last and what won't in terms of the stuff that has hit the market in the last five years? Not just guns but accessories too.
Top Top