Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2004 12:41:17 PM EDT
I've done my reasearch and these are the components I want in my rifle when I build it. The only thing is I am not sure of brands here...I would like to stick with stuff like MEGA, DPMS, LMT, BUSHMASTER, RRA, ETC (NO COLT!!hat
This is what I want....
This is what I want....

-5.56mm upper A3 with Bolt, Carrier, and Charging handle (no sight preference, I can always change later)
-16" threaded chrome lined government profile barrel
-standard M4 or M73 Surefire Pic' Forend
-Quality Complet Lower (unless stripped and parts would be cheaper)
    *if stripped lower
         -Hogue Grip
         -Standard M4 6 pos stock

*color =  Black
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
On my latest build I used a 16" M4 profile from Bushmaster, and A3 upper, bolt assy. & charging handle from Bravo Company (www.bravocompanyusa.com).  I put it on an existing lower while I decide what to get.  I'm really not sure!

Oh yeah: I got a 6 pos stock from Bushy too, but I guess you can get the same thing elsewhere for a lot less.

Another option: Buy the LMT M4 type upper from Bravo Company.  It looks pretty sweet!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What do I need?

Other than what you mentioned,
Moly-bendum disulfide (grease)
Armorers wrench (Preferably one with tele-stock tool)
1/16", 3/32", 1/8" & 5/32"roll pin punches (if you decide to get a stripped lower and lower parts kit)
action block and vise (Bushmaster has a great one)
hammer (whatever)
screwdriver (flat head)
a credit card account (Visa or Mastercard)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you think about the LMT upper and the RRA US Property marked lower?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
sounds great, a stripped lower really is no different from one manufacturer to the next, However RRA is praised for nice tight fit. And of course LMT needs no introduction.

Just make sure your lower is forged and not cast, (DPMS offers cast recievers too) other than that all of your above mentioned brands are top quality.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
sounds great, a stripped lower really is no different from one manufacturer to the next, However RRA is praised for nice tight fit. And of course LMT needs no introduction.

Just make sure your lower is forged and not cast, (DPMS offers cast recievers too) other than that all of your above mentioned brands are top quality.

Thx for the info...i need all I can get.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top