Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/6/2006 12:42:09 PM EDT
You show someone your AR and they say something to the effect of...

" I thought full auto was illegal!"

While refering to your obviuosly semi-auto bone-stock M4gery.... hinking.gif

- Clint

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
yes or when they say "dude is this thing full auto". my neighbor once said "what are you gonna do when the police pull you over with an m16" refering to my BM m4gery. but the best by far for me was " i thought you had to be 21 to own a assualt rifle?"
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I was shooting an AR-15 behind my house a few years ago when a guy stopped to look at a vehicle I had for sale. He walked up and casually said, "Shooting a machinegun, huh?"

Today I do own a registered M16, and still have to deal with the oddities. I work with a guy who says, "What are you going to do when the government comes to take your machinegun away due to the terrorist scares?" I keep telling him that terrorists aren't going to go to the trouble of paying $10K+ for an M16 and going through the BATF red tape when they can illegally convert an AR-15 for next to nothing. He still doesn't understand, and says they government will be here shortly to confiscate it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I got that line when I showed up to go coyote hunting with my buddies with this.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank the media and the anti-gun groups for that one!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The one I hate is: "what do you need that for?"

BECAUSE I FUCKING WANT IT!!!

Just a stupid question!!!  I guess if your not into something, it is just stupid.

I wouldn't spend $1000 on a pool stick but I wouldn't asks a serious pool player why he needs one either.

Why do you need a H1 if you live in the City and it never sees 22" logs?
Why do you need 2 cars?

Dumb stupid questions that just piss me off!!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]
As an American citizen, it is my duty to own, and know how to utilize at least one of each of the following:

- a handgun in a sufficient defensive caliber
- a shotgun in a sufficient defensive caliber
- a rifile, also in a sufficient defensive caliber

I am jeopardizing my 2nd Amendent rights if I fail to do so.

Generally, I am pretty quiet and don't advertise my weapons skills, armory or preparedness.  Every once in a while, someone visiting will notice one of my AR's, ammo stock, or other related gear and make some goofball comment about my "machine guns" (all my rifles are single-shot or semi-auto), and ask me why I need them.  If they're liberals, I  usually look them square in the eye and say "They're for use against the Zombies" - that almost always shuts them up...  if they're patriots, I tell them "You need to get your ass in gear, and educate yourself enough to know the difference between a machine gun and a semi-auto..." and then I invite them to go to the range with me to learn.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I work with a guy who is a gun enthusiast who owns an AR-15, and M14, an M1 Garand, several John Wayne Winchesters and Colts, several handguns... you get the point! He makes comments all the time about it being illegal to purchase AR's and AK's from a reputable gun dealer anymore... "They're all banned," he says.... LOL

Or I bought a stack of brand new 30 round mags and he commented that they weren't new they are left over from the Ban.... Wouldn't you think, a gun owner would try to be informed??

I can almost excuse the Sheeple from not knowing a semi-auto AR from a full-auto M-16 at a glance, but being a gun owner and being ill informed of the law and your rights is just silly! - Clint
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I work with a guy who is a gun enthusiast who owns an AR-15, and M14, an M1 Garand, several John Wayne Winchesters and Colts, several handguns... you get the point! He makes comments all the time about it being illegal to purchase AR's and AK's from a reputable gun dealer anymore... "They're all banned," he says.... LOL

Have you seen his guns? Cause if he's like most people he's probably as full of crap about owning them as he is about buying them...  It's amazing how many people "used to have one of those..." any time guns are mentioned.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 Austin
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The only questions i ever get is, "you goin on deployment soon?", or, "how much will it cost me to have you build me one?"

I guess I'm just lucky...

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#11]
When someone asks me why I "need" my AR15, I simply reply that I am required by law to own one.  As a member of the unorganized militia of all citizens capable of bearing arms in defense of the United States, I am required by the 2nd Amendment to own a weapon suitable for military service.  Not only that, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic when I was commissioned and I have never been released from that oath.  

Then I ask them if they are in compliance with the law?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you seen his guns? Cause if he's like most people he's probably as full of crap about owning them as he is about buying them...  It's amazing how many people "used to have one of those..." any time guns are mentioned.

Yeah I have, we have gone to gun shows together, he has an EA Co. AR, a Chinese SKS, Springfield M-14 (that I found a bayonet for), Mak-90, and I have personally located new member's of his John Wayne collection for him! He's just a know-it-all that prides himself on his knowledge, but don't know WTF he's talking about! When I explain to him that the AWB has sunset and that there are "new" guns available, he just assumes I don't know what I'm talking about, because he didn't provide me with that information!

I brought my new Oly lower with 6 pos stock to work, and he commented that I (install 6 pos) couldn't do that on a Post Gun....

- Clint  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I was using this one on public land and a guys says. I didnit know u could use that fer hutin.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#14]
...I hate the sheep(primarily co-workers) who automatically say that if SHTF  "I am coming over to your house ???"
They aint welcome, WTF if they don't excersize their 2nd Ammendment Rights I am not doing it for them I have these 'evil' items to ensure my ass is here the morning after SHTF.
I ask "Why don't you get your own gun?" And non gun owning parents are the worst it makes me ashamed to be in the same state as them, they say crap like " I have kids at home!" that would be the first reason I would buy a gun. (gratefully 47 yrs old and no kids)
Then teach that child responsible gun-ownership/handling so the moron child at home does not blow their own foot off. Which seems to be the biggest fear amongst herding parents, I guess stupidity is genetic.
Hell if I was a woman I wouldn't want to be with some guy who could not protect his family - provided he makes it far enough to have one !        
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#15]
True that, Hammerdrop!

I get that whole "I'm comin' to your house" BS too! I don't need anyone who can't handle a firearm hangin' out at my place while the SHTF... What's the use?  Eatin' all my MRE's, takin' up room on my floor, drinkin' all my water...... My 9 year old is more effective than some of my "friends" with a weapon, not to mention my wife....

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Is that thing legal? The most asked question when someone sees my AR.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#17]
"you know that is illegal, right".... elmer fudd durring my last range trip. he was doing his annual sight in without ear protection. i plopped down at the table beside him with an a-bolt in 300mag w/ BOSS system. after the second shot he packed up quick. leaving me with "that thing should be".
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#18]
My own sister sees my ARs and said why do you have them?
My nephew “Can I have one?... Please”…
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#19]
f'em all!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife asked me why I needed an AR15  

AND

an M4  carbine

AND

a Mini 14 and ...

but my  daughter is eight and she is pleased with her new .22 rifle and
didn't have to ask why she needs it -- it's just for fun!

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I have, we have gone to gun shows together, he has an EA Co. AR, a Chinese SKS, Springfield M-14 (that I found a bayonet for), Mak-90, and I have personally located new member's of his John Wayne collection for him! He's just a know-it-all that prides himself on his knowledge, but don't know WTF he's talking about! When I explain to him that the AWB has sunset and that there are "new" guns available, he just assumes I don't know what I'm talking about, because he didn't provide me with that information!

I brought my new Oly lower with 6 pos stock to work, and he commented that I (install 6 pos) couldn't do that on a Post Gun....

- Clint  

well, you might not be far from reality but your neighbors sure are a little detached.  AK is a loooong way away!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
f'em all!

+1 I don't say anything and let them think it
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
True that, Hammerdrop!

I get that whole "I'm comin' to your house" BS too! I don't need anyone who can't handle a firearm hangin' out at my place while the SHTF... What's the use?  Eatin' all my MRE's, takin' up room on my floor, drinkin' all my water...... My 9 year old is more effective than some of my "friends" with a weapon, not to mention my wife....

- Clint

Big +1 HERE...

Mike
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I got that line when I showed up to go coyote hunting with my buddies with this.

WIZZO

wizzo,

luv that grip!

septic tank
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

wizzo,

luv that grip!

septic tank

You and me both

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
True that, Hammerdrop!

- Clint

I had a neighbor who was from Cali next door for a few months (now moved back, she didn't like living next to a "gun maniac" nor did she appreciate my taking her husband shooting!) who made that statement to me. Before I could answer my wife spoke up and said, "At least we'd know you couldn't shoot back."  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#27]
For now I live in an apartment while I'm closing on my first house.  One of my neighbors got some of my mail and knocked on my door to drop it off.  I just got back from the range and was unpacking, so my AR, AK, SKS and a few others were all over my living room waiting for their cleanings.  He saw them, turned pale, gave me the mail and hauled ass away!  I was half expecting a knock on my door from the FBI, or something.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#28]
"Oh, wow.  You got a license for that thing?"

"You got a license to ask stupid questions?"
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#29]
LOL @ XD Fan & USMarine1108

Most of the people I know think I'm crazy anyway, most Cajun's are.... But if there is ever a doubt in anyone's mind I usually redeem myself by logging onto S.T.U.D. and talking about the zombie's...
That usually reconfirms everyone's opinions about my sanity, hence playing into my diabolical plan of not catering to the sheeple "during the infection".... If that doesn't work, which is seldom, I go into a rant about McDonald's putting cheese on everything, and that I have every piece that I've peeled off my burgers in my freezer. With the intent of shoving, said cheese "down that Fuckin' clowns throat when I see him"  Have

http://s12.invisionfree.com/STUDDevelopment/index.php

- Clint
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top