Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 10:43:17 PM EST
That we havn't heard anything about the assault weapons ban on the news or anything lately? I'm a news junkie & usually pick up on anything that runs by on a daily basis, & have not heard a peep about it.

Whats going on?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:14:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2004 11:25:15 PM EST by wayne53]
Congress gets back into session onthe 7th of September of 2004 and the AWB is over 6 days later on the 13th Of September. The House has openly siad they will not take up any kind of renewal of the AWB before the next Election and with the way the polls are running IT looks like the chance of there being any support beyond the totally far out left is moot .

IBTL
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:25:59 PM EST
What's really weird, my fiance was talking to one of her vendors about the AWB and he didn't even know about it expiring. He is a self-proclaimed "gun collector" and a big fan of black rifles.(!?!) She figured that it's not big enough news, that works in our favor. It protects us from the soccer moms pulling some "We must protect the children!" crap at the last minute. I guess I got tunnel vision, I'm reading all the links to articles from AR15.com, so I assumed everybody knew about it..I don't watch the news on TV, I just catch stuff on NPR every once in a while.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:46:30 PM EST
Well I am quite sure Bush and Kerry both know anti-gun is a losing battle. Thats why we see pics of Kerry lugging around a shotgun
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:57:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By wayne53:
Well I am quite sure Bush and Kerry both know anti-gun is a losing battle. Thats why we see pics of Kerry lugging around a shotgun

Those pictures piss me off, but the pictures of him playing guitar make me want to vomit with rage!

But I also have talked to people who are into guns and ARs and had absolutely no clue the ban was expiring.

Brian
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:32:11 PM EST

Kerry as a rifleman is the same as Kerry as a warhero. He's not really either.

If Kerry gets his way, shotguns are all we will be able to carry. And only the wealthy would be able to afford them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:00:59 PM EST

Congress gets back into session onthe 7th of September of 2004 and the AWB is over 6 days later on the 13th Of September. The House has openly siad they will not take up any kind of renewal of the AWB before the next Election and with the way the polls are running IT looks like the chance of there being any support beyond the totally far out left is moot .

IBTL

Agreed. But I'm sure the 7th thu the 10th will get some coverage on the news.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:11:12 PM EST
If Bush OR Kerry gets in and the AWB sunsets , Im "selling the farm" and getting all the hi-caps I can afford for as many guns as I own. The next AWB is gonna be WAY worse. (Im praying that it doesn't happen but Im also a realist)
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:13:26 PM EST

For getting votes - the "shotgun" vote, like in "shotgun wedding"?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:52:37 PM EST
Well at least we have the internet to keep everybody informed. DON'T be supprised if they try an end run and try to tack it on to some other Bill. They may do a sneak attack after they lull everybody into wet dreams of fixing bayonets, telestocks and Flash Suppressors. Hope this doesn't happen. AMOS
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:54:18 PM EST
shhhhhh...don't say that outloud
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:58:37 PM EST
What I am hoping does not happen is that congress gets in session and wants to pass some terrorist legislation regarding the 9-11 commissions final report real fast to look like they are doing something about terrorism. That would be the chance for the anti's to tack on the AWB language again. Our congress critters could use the excuse "It was terrorist legislation". It ain't over till it's over!!
Top Top