Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 12:10:00 PM EDT
When I got my VLTOR A1 length stock, it didn't come with a buttscrew...and the A2 length screw that was on the rifle was too long.  I called VLTOR, and let them know what was up...they were just getting around to releasing the stock, and hadn't realized some folks were gonna put that on an A2 length tube...necessitating the shorter screw.  

I ordered one from Georgia Precision about 10 days ago.  Last night, I was swapping stocks around...I had taken the short screw from my stubby LE buttstock, and used it in the VLTOR.  I had a rubber band holding the LE stock on the receiver, sitting in the safe to keep it from coming apart.  (go ahead and laugh at me hehehe).

Anyway, I get my Armalite upper back from Compass Lake yesterday, and realize I need to swap some stuff around to make 4 complete rifles again.  

In the middle of swapping stuff, of course the LE buttstock comes off, and the spring drops out...I find the spring, but then realize the friggin' detent is missing.  20 minutes on my hands and knees, and it's no detent for me.  

After muttering under my breath for a while, I think about the fact that, IF I had the &^&%& right screw in the first place, none of this would have happened.  

Well, I just checked the mail just now...of course the screw from Georgia Precision is here, along with one that VLTOR sent me...a day late and a dollar short, that's me hehehe.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Murphy's Law.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top