BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2012 6:25:43 AM EDT
Did a search and couldn't find out. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 6:29:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't see how it could:  it's white...like pure, TiO2 white.

Doesn't mention graphite on the tub/e.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of Teflon and calcium carbonate, I believe.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#3]
So is that bad or good?
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So is that bad or good?

Bad or good for what?

Look like the military uses this stuff on a lot of different equipment including Gatling guns, that should say something

I'm glad I looked up the instructions, now I know a thin film is all that's needed for most parts. Apparently a little goes a long way

If you go to the mil-comm website you'll find loads of information. There are also application instructions in PDF format

I'm pretty impressed with this stuff so far. I've been disappointed with the DA trigger pull in my new CZ P07 until I put a little of this stuff between the trigger bar and the frame. Wow, is all I can say
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
It's one of the few lubes that has actually impressed me.  It did make fouling easier to clean off than everything else I've ever tried.  It's only negative is that it doesn't seem to have an EP additive so in some uses it can allow wear to happen.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 2:06:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I was wondering if it's ok to use on alum. frame guns with steel slides.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 2:35:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is that bad or good?

Bad or good for what?

Look like the military uses this stuff on a lot of different equipment including Gatling guns, that should say something

I'm glad I looked up the instructions, now I know a thin film is all that's needed for most parts. Apparently a little goes a long way

If you go to the mil-comm website you'll find loads of information. There are also application instructions in PDF format

I'm pretty impressed with this stuff so far. I've been disappointed with the DA trigger pull in my new CZ P07 until I put a little of this stuff between the trigger bar and the frame. Wow, is all I can say

+1.

The mil uses it on small arms up to (very) heavy weapons and mortars.

I've run it exclusively in Iraq/Afghanistan for quite a while.  While it looks like it gums up (gets discolored brown from dirt and/or black from carbon), I've never had it fail me.  I actually think it does a good job of collecting up contaminants and acting as a carrier to keep them out of your action/moving parts.

I run it or one of their lighter grades depending on where I am and what they have on the shelf.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Mil Comm is all I use now. Yes it will be fine for the aluminum frame/steel slide combo. It's all I use on my 5 P228's that I own. The longer you use the smoother it will get. Just make sure you first clean with alcohol to remove all prior cleaners and lubes. Their new solvent that takes care of copper fowling makes it the perfect cleaner/lube for my needs.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#9]
5 /6 years i have used it good stuff but am looking at  Super lube as an alternative. cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
5 /6 years i have used it good stuff but am looking at  Super lube as an alternative. cheaper.

Are you sure it's that much more expensive? I mean obviously ounce for ounce it is but if you read the online instructions it says that for most applications you only use a very small amount. You're supposed to spread it so thin that it is clear instead of white.

Just a thought

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#11]
1. TW25B offers off-the-chart extreme pressure and load bearing performance.
2. Corrosion inhibitors
3. Extreme temperature performance
4. Long-lasting
5. Far exceeds Mil-Specs on so many weapons programs that it is formally approved, if not the only material that will work in some applications
6. Non-hazardous
7. 25 years of proof in combat.  
8. A little goes a long way, so if you are worried about cost, you are doing yourself a disservice.   $1500+ on hardware and worried about pennies difference per application?
I am biased, but if you have the most reliable, most long lasting product available, what are you worried about?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:00:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I wanted to add that despite all of the lubricant brands available, TW25B is the choice of more firearm manufacturers than any lube on the planet ... that was earned.  AR-specific ustomers include: Armalite, KAC and Larue.

If you follow the application instructions (there are AR specific ones on the website) you can get a ridiculous number of jam-free rounds through a rifle on a single treatment.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#13]
And don't forget the longer you use it the slicker things get!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:16:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I need to make my former statement clearer.  I said it seems to lack an EP additive... that can't be true since PTFE is an EP.  When I typed that I was thinking of a single person stating that using just TW-25b in SIGs for tens of thousands of rounds allowed more wear on the aluminum frame rails than other lubes like Tetra (which is very similar I think) or RIG +P.

I've seen one person say it was bad, but he couldn't produce anything other than him saying it sucked.

Everything else I've ever seen, read, or heard about it was good.  This includes my own experience as I said.  It's one of the very few lubes that has actually been able to impress me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:53:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I have several Mil-Comm products that came in a promotional gift pack several years ago, and TW-25B was one of them.
It's definitely good stuff, and if you want the absolute best lubricant for an AR-15, I'd say this is probably it.
My only issue with it, as well as many other specialized products, is the cost.
For my own use, and from years of personal experience, I find that plain old Moly Lithium grease does everything I need, and for damn near no cost since I have it in large quantities out in the shop already.
It keeps my guns running, even in moderately cold weather (central Ohio for twelve years), captures fouling so it wipes away during cleaning, and I see no signs of excessive wear on any parts.
So the cheap way out has worked well for me.
But, if you really want a specialized lubricant for your rifle, and don't mind the cost, you'd be very hard pressed to find a better product.
TW-25B does what they claim.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top