Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2003 5:35:40 PM EDT
Does anyone know if there's a direct replacement RUBBER buttplate available for A1/A2 buttstocks???

I'm looking to remove the standard plastic trapdoor buttplate and replace it with a soft rubber one, much like the ones found on a shotgun/rifle stock.  This is for a special application, so if you've ever seen one please let me know.  I'd rather not have to use a slip on one if I don't have too.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
From the lack of replies I'm guessing these don't exist [:(]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw this at DSA:

DSArms
[url]http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=M1537&storeid=1&image=arrecoilp.gif[/url]

this kinda what you're looking for?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I barely ever check this forum...

but last I saw the std ribbed rubber pads that have riges not entirely unlike a half worn tread on a ripple sole altama boot and that assemble with screws to the buttstock- are sold through Cheaper than Dirt (they have a website) and probably also through bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I saw this at DSA:

DSArms
[url]http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=M1537&storeid=1&image=arrecoilp.gif[/url]

this kinda what you're looking for?
View Quote

Not quite.  That setup has a 1/2" hard plastic buttplate with a 1/4" rubber pad.  What I'm looking for is a cushioned rubber buttpad, like found on a Remington Shotgun - only it has to fit a standard AR15 stock.  

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top