Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2010 10:15:24 PM EDT
Does the PWS FSC556 comp/hider effect accuracy?  I don't mean POI shift, I mean does it tighten or spread out groups?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:13:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does the PWS FSC556 comp/hider effect accuracy?  I don't mean POI shift, I mean does it tighten or spread out groups?  Thanks.

I had them on two carbines both 16".  One in 5.56 and the other in 5.45 and saw no change in accuracy using Russian surplus in the 5.45 or PMC 55gr,
TAP 5.56 75 gr TAP and various 55gr and 75gr handloads in the 5.56.  I have pulled both off because they are TOO LOUD.  They were tollerable untill the
gun club changed the firing line cover to all metal with no sound absobsion affair.  Now they make my head rattle not to mention that one of my shooting
buddies started refusing to shoot next to me.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not suprised that it makes things louder.  Just a trade off for the effectiveness of the brake. I've seen a lot of photos of ARs w/ this brake on ar15.com .  Anybody else have some say?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I sold the one that came with my SCAR for the same reason, excessive noise.  I had to wear plugs and muffs to shoot it, but it was like shooting a .22 rifle, follow-up shots were very fast, the only recoil was of the action cycling.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I sold the one that came with my SCAR for the same reason, excessive noise.  I had to wear plugs and muffs to shoot it, but it was like shooting a .22 rifle, follow-up shots were very fast, the only recoil was of the action cycling.

So if you set aside noise....you see some serious results....a fellow awesome arfcomer sent me one yesterday so i guess i will know soon enough. I am excited to try it out for sure
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:59:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if you set aside noise....you see some serious results....a fellow awesome arfcomer sent me one yesterday so i guess i will know soon enough. I am excited to try it out for sure

You get results but its not going to affect the accuracy of the rifle, just the handling of the rifle through the recoil.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#7]
NO, NO, NO

Installed it on my 16" carbine and i notice bearly any to no noise difference. As for accurracy, i consider this VERY good.

Pulled LC M855 projectiles, irons at 50 yards.

The FSC556 is GTG.

And it makes your gun sexy looking

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
a2 or phantom for me.  i can't get into the $100 muzzle devices.

when I get so good on the trigger that I start to notice the flashhider holding me back, maybe I'll upgrade

If you're not concerned with putting rounds in man-sized target as fast as you possibly can, upgrading the muzzle device won't do much for you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

when I get so good on the trigger that I start to notice the flashhider holding me back, maybe I'll upgrade

If you're not concerned with putting rounds in man-sized target as fast as you possibly can, upgrading the muzzle device won't do much for you.

Its really nice if your using a higher powered optic too. When im at 9-10x i bearly have to move to get back on target. The target stays in sight the entire time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You get results but its not going to affect the accuracy of the rifle, just the handling of the rifle through the recoil.

Thats what i mean stickler
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its really nice if your using a higher powered optic too. When im at 9-10x i bearly have to move to get back on target. The target stays in sight the entire time.

I love this reply....you the man!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top