Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 8:34:32 PM EDT
I currently have a Bushmaster XM15 E2S AR - its a 16" post-ban A2, with a 14.5" barrel, and a fixed flash suppressor to make it 16" legal. This was my first AR, before I knew much about them, and before i started reading this site. he
So, is my current upper worth anything, or because its got a fixed flash suppressor, (post-ban), am I kinda screwed, and just need to order a new upper? The barrel is chrome lined, and its only got about 800 rounds through it (haven't had it very long). Any takers? hanks,H.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
if someone wants it, it has value! Depends on the person on what value is worth
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]
It can't be a "post-Ban" if it has a flash supressor.

Post bans can only have muzzle brakes.

However all non-NFA firearms are required to have a 16" barrel "pre"/"Post"/"no" ban included.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
it is worthless now .
please send it to me for disposal
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Its worth $ for sure!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]
For those of us living in occupied CA, does the muzzle break count in the length when meeting the 16 inch barrel requirement as long as it is permanently attached? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
For those of us living in occupied CA, does the muzzle break count in the length when meeting the 16 inch barrel requirement as long as it is permanently attached? Thanks.

Yes. That was Bushmaster's reasoning for making the barrel like they did. The ATF considers a fixed (non-removable) muzzle break part of the barrel. So, they made the entire overall length 16.1 inches.

I don't have an exact link for you, but if you goto the ATF's website, and then to firearms, and the FAQ, you'll find a topic about that.

H.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:46:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes your upper does have value for all of us still living in ban states. Unless everyone in ban states somehow gets a preban lower, your upper will still hold value. If I didn't want an A3 upper I would take it off your hands.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes your upper does have value for all of us still living in ban states. Unless everyone in ban states somehow gets a preban lower, your upper will still hold value. If I didn't want an A3 upper I would take it off your hands.

I'd just swap the barrel myself too, if I didn't also want an A3 upper.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll give you $100.00 for it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top