Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 1:55:07 PM EDT

My SBR is 10.5" and when I shoot it indoors I can definitely see a viable flash through the EOTech (using Lake City M193 ammo).

Would a Phantom make a big difference, or does it all become kind of moot with such a short barrel?

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Regardless of barrel length, a Phantom is going to suppress flash better than an A2. Now, if it is even possible to decrease flash on a short barrel, I don't know. You probably have a lot of unburnt powder exiting the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Regardless of barrel length, a Phantom is going to suppress flash better than an A2. Now, if it is even possible to decrease flash on a short barrel, I don't know. You probably have a lot of unburnt powder exiting the barrel.

Exactly - if all a Phantom would do on a 10.5" SBR is to reduce a fireball from the size of a grapefruit to the size of an orange, then it's not really worth the $25

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
You really need a longer flash hider.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine work very well on the 11.5" carbines that I have seen so far. Just a barely noticable dull red glow inside the flash hider is all you can see from the side......

Phoenix

Go take a look . . . that's all I ask.

David
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a thread here somewhere about flass suppressor performance.  14.5" and 11.5" too.  While the Vortex and Phantom where super cool with the 14.5, they kicked FS butt on the super shorties.  Someone will post a link.  The difference is REAL!

Tex78
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#6]
HERE IT IS!

The 11.5's are on page 2.

Tex78
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
HERE IT IS!

Tex78

Thanks Tex!  

ETA:  Wow - that is a super-informative thread.  And I'll definitely go with a Phantom, Vortex or maybe Targethunter's Phoenix.  Seems to make a HUGE difference with the short barrels!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top