Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 3:16:50 PM EDT
    I have a free-floated Colt HBAR-II  post-ban upper that I plan to scope and use for varmints.  It currently has a Bushy BMAS 3-rail gas block.  I never really liked the set-screw attachment anyway, just more trouble when trying to align front & rear sights/ sighting in with irons (does anybody make one that uses the taper pins?)Bushmaster's "shaved" front sight base looks good for what I plan but I don't see that they sell it separately. Does the type of gas block or the way it attaches affect accuracy to any degree?    
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#1]

To address your question on accuracy, just look at the front sights on a space gun, you'll see that they are almost all clamp or set screw types.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top