Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2005 12:44:37 PM EDT
I'm about to switch out my A2 stock for an A1.  Will I need to sight in again? I would imagine that since nothing is changing with the upper, no nothing will change, but what about the shifting balance, etc?  This is not a match rifle by any means, but how large a shift should I expect, if any?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
No, it won't.  should stay the same.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, my most recent line of thought is that since the stock is on the lower, it really shouldn't do anything.  Does this reasoning seem sound?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Your nose should be kissing the charging handle; this doesn't change when you change stocks.  But it may be easier for you to reach the charging handle with the shorter stock, especially if you are not a large and tall guy.

A1 stocks are really cool and I have them on two rifles.  But I keep A2 stocks on my "primary" weapons because they are much stronger and don't shine.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Your nose should be kissing the charging handle; this doesn't change when you change stocks.  But it may be easier for you to reach the charging handle with the shorter stock, especially if you are not a large and tall guy.

A1 stocks are really cool and I have them on two rifles.  But I keep A2 stocks on my "primary" weapons because they are much stronger and don't shine.  

I'm running a TA11 on this rifle, so seening the sights shouldn't be a factor.  I also agree that the original A1s are shiny and weak, so I went with the C1.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Changing your cheek weld can effect POI.  I've even found that my POI shifts depending on whether I have my support thumb wrapped behind and around the forward grip vs. having my thumb forward along the top of my hand the way it is when holding a pistol.  With that in mind, changing the stock might change POI.  Or it might not.  

There is no substitute for putting rounds down range to see for yourself.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top