Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/18/2005 12:44:37 PM EDT
I'm about to switch out my A2 stock for an A1. Will I need to sight in again? I would imagine that since nothing is changing with the upper, no nothing will change, but what about the shifting balance, etc? This is not a match rifle by any means, but how large a shift should I expect, if any?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:49:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 12:49:57 PM EDT by fq1234]
No, it won't. should stay the same.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:15:09 PM EDT
Yeah, my most recent line of thought is that since the stock is on the lower, it really shouldn't do anything. Does this reasoning seem sound?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:21:32 PM EDT
Your nose should be kissing the charging handle; this doesn't change when you change stocks. But it may be easier for you to reach the charging handle with the shorter stock, especially if you are not a large and tall guy.

A1 stocks are really cool and I have them on two rifles. But I keep A2 stocks on my "primary" weapons because they are much stronger and don't shine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:02:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Epeeman:
Your nose should be kissing the charging handle; this doesn't change when you change stocks. But it may be easier for you to reach the charging handle with the shorter stock, especially if you are not a large and tall guy.

A1 stocks are really cool and I have them on two rifles. But I keep A2 stocks on my "primary" weapons because they are much stronger and don't shine.

I'm running a TA11 on this rifle, so seening the sights shouldn't be a factor. I also agree that the original A1s are shiny and weak, so I went with the C1.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:12:37 PM EDT
Changing your cheek weld can effect POI. I've even found that my POI shifts depending on whether I have my support thumb wrapped behind and around the forward grip vs. having my thumb forward along the top of my hand the way it is when holding a pistol. With that in mind, changing the stock might change POI. Or it might not.

There is no substitute for putting rounds down range to see for yourself.
Top Top