Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 3:55:07 AM EDT
I want to get rid of my current 16" HBAR barrel and go to something lighter but not pencil thin. Does anyone sell/make a higher quality 16" midlenth pre-ban/noban barrel. I want flashhider and bayo lug. Who has them?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:30:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Both RRA and Armalite make barrels in that configuratuion...Mid-length, bayo lugs, anf F/S...But,
they are 1/9" and are differing wts.

If you go to the group buy here at the EE you can get in on a 1/7" w/ all of the other features you want and the group buy gets 1 step closer to making it happen.

/S2
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Or you can just go to ADCO and get an RRA\Wilson chrome lined 16 mid-length barrel with an A2\government profile and bayo lug for about $250. The only down side compared to the group buy is this barrel is a 1/9 twist (the group buy barrel is a 1/7) but for 99% of us, that's not a  big deal. The up side you can actually order the ADCO barrel now and get it within a week where as the group buy may never happen.

ADCO RRA\Wilson barrels
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Without a doubt go the ADCO route
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Any idea how the Stainless steel wilson ADCO barrel groups?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgive me for butting in, but was does "mid-length" refer to in this instance?  The placement of the gas block?

Steve "Don't know sh*t about barrels" G.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Forgive me for butting in, but was does "mid-length" refer to in this instance?  The placement of the gas block?

Yes.  It is farther out than a carbine gas block and further in than a rifle length gas block.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Got it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Holy crap! Steve, whats up man!!?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Denny's guns is building a special run of uppers with mid-length match SS barrels. These barrels, IIRC,
are going to be a smaller diameter but not pencil thin.

NTY
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

On a 16" mid length the gas port is the same distance from the muzzle as it would be on a 20" or 14.5" barrel.  This means that the dwell time for the gas system is the same as it is on the milspec barrels, means that a bayonet will fit on it correctly, and means that they look more proportioned than a regular 16".

Here's mine:
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#11]
ntxyankee,

im interested. does Denny's guns have a website/contact info?

thanks

Blake
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top