Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:33:12 PM EDT

I've been putting together my own A4 clone for a while now, and have most of what I need, but the more I work on it, the more I want to start with a complete factory rifle, rather than parts from multiple manufacturers.  I realize that a build rifle can be just as accurate as a factory produced model, but the perfectionist in me just won't shut up.

Having said that, I have yet to find a rifle like I am looking for.

Colt won't sell to civilians.
Rock River only seems to manufacture 1/9 barrels
Bushmaster only makes 1/9 barrels as well.

I intend to shoot the BHA 75 grn OTM bullets out of this rifle, so I really need the 1/7 twist.  Does anyone manufacture a rifle with a 20" 1/7 government profile barrel and A4 carry handle?   Thanks for any info.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Hornady says their 75 OTM stabilizes in 1/9 barrels, and I have confirmed it.  If you want a 1/7, that's cool, but don't do it because you need it for 75 OTM.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw has 1/7 barrels. You may be able to find a dealer on this site that will build an upper for you. and you can just get the lower revier (complete or parts)thru a local ffl.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hornady says their 75 OTM stabilizes in 1/9 barrels, and I have confirmed it.  If you want a 1/7, that's cool, but don't do it because you need it for 75 OTM.

+1

Ive confirmed it too...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Colt won't sell to civilians.

Colt wont sell directly to you, but you can get one through their distributers.

Specialized Armament OR Clyde Armory will sell you a NIB Colt rifle.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
ADCO had a DM 20" upper that might fit the bill.  I don't know if it's still there.  You could get that and a carry handle and a RRA lower with the 2 stage trigger and and A2 stock.  That'd proabably real close. Then if you got the dough, put an acog on the rail and you'd be good to go.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I think Bravo Company has what you are looking for.

Bravo Company

Looks like this would be perfect for your clone.  Sorry,  you will have to copy and paste,  I don't know how to make it hot.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
CMMG and Bravo Company also makes 20in CL 1/7 gov profile barrels/uppers....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 on CMMG,got one of their 14.7 with permanent A2 birdcage..SOCCOM profile,1/7 chrome lined.They also individualy MP inspect barrels...dont know if they proof fire it but definately MP inspected 4150 chrome lined steel.They have 20" govt profile,lightweight..great company and great to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
CMMG and Bravo Company also makes 20in CL 1/7 gov profile barrels/uppers....

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:53:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I got mine from M&A Parts.  Built a kit on my RRA lower.  Upper & lower matched perfectly.  And yes, it is a 1/7", gov't profile, 20".
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I got an FN 20" 1/7 bbl off EE for my A4-gery. Can't get much closer to the real thing then that
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:00:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Bravo Company makes a great copy. It has feedramps and the real ones don't.

Bushmaster makes a 1/7 barrel, but it doesn't have the F marked FSB.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Thanks for all the info, everyone.  I am either going to order the ADCO DMR upper (it's not a perfect copy but since the DD FF rail is in use on the USAMU DMR, I won't feel too badly), or I will order BravoCompany's upper and mount it on the lower I already own.  

Thanks again.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Bravo Company has what you seek.  Paul will do you right.

Max
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#15]
When my gun fund gets replinished I plan on putting together an A4gery with an upper and lower from CMMG.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
+1 on CMMG,got one of their 14.7 with permanent A2 birdcage..SOCCOM profile,1/7 chrome lined.They also individualy MP inspect barrels...dont know if they proof fire it but definately MP inspected 4150 chrome lined steel.

I just got this exact same barrel and it is f'ing bad ass, heavy as hell but bad ass. I looked for months before I chose this one.

+1 for CMMG
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I went for the M16A4 clone, and I got the Bravo Co 20" upper. very pleased with it. 1/7, chrome lined, flat top. F marked FSB. its awesome.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1 on CMMG,got one of their 14.7 with permanent A2 birdcage..SOCCOM profile,1/7 chrome lined.They also individualy MP inspect barrels...dont know if they proof fire it but definately MP inspected 4150 chrome lined steel.

I just got this exact same barrel and it is f'ing bad ass, heavy as hell but bad ass. I looked for months before I chose this one.

+1 for CMMG

I was just at CMMG's website, thats probably the closest you will get your hands on.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
\  Sorry,  you will have to copy and paste,  I don't know how to make it hot.

In the reply area, and to the right of INSERT TAGS: Select this thing  

In the box tat appears, type the text you want the link to read. Select OK

in the next box, paste the link info  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks redfisher,  I got it now.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top