Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 4:04:50 PM EST
OK, probably a stupid "Jeez, what other piece of junk does the nifty rifle need strapped to it" question, but does anyone manufacture a buttstock mag pouch for the collapsible stock? Or can a buttstock pouch for the A2 stock work on an M4 stock? I don't even care if it only carries a 20 rounder, I just thought it would be handy.

My rifle is already a bit nose heavy IMHO, so I thought it would be an easy way to carry spare ammo and shift the wieght back all at once.

OK, flame on!

Dawg
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:19:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/9/2004 4:28:22 PM EST by jjmcrowell]
Try this link:

www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2462&d=

$25

Not sure if the charging handle will clear....maybe somebody else has used these.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:43:40 PM EST
www.lightfighter.com
they have a few different manufactures
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:32:50 PM EST
TT makes a good one. Made In America too!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:58:08 AM EST
So has anyone used any of these? The Spec Ops "Mode" looks kind of annoying being mounted "T-Bone" style. Tacitacl Tailor looks nice, and the Blackhawk seems to be the cheapest way to get the job done.

Opinions?

Good question on the charging handle clearning- answers?

Dawg
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:13:37 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:11:51 AM EST
I've thought of this also and come the my conclusion that my safe/home defense gun has one mag in the well and another in the stock mag holder. I grab the gun and have two mags ready with me and no need to grab another and put it in my robe pocket!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:32:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/11/2004 11:33:54 AM EST by Dawg180]

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
I dont get them.

The prevent using the stock well on your off side if need be, and they arent particularly fast. And Im not the worlds biggest fan of storing more magazines (read weight) on the gun. I'll use a cheap old $5 israeli mag clamp if I for whatever reason feel the need.

Well my offside aiming skills are pretty bad to begin with, so I don't think the pouch will make them much worse. Besides, I have a red dot so I don't have to worry about a perfect weld etc.

I also don't have 10 pounds of gear strapped to my rifle- just a 16" M4 profile A3 w/ red dot and a BUIS, and an M4 stock. I find it a little nose heavy, so the extra weight of the mag will help shift that back.

I also like the idea of having a spare mag with the rifle just in case. You can lose a lot of gear that way and you will always hav a spare mag with the weapon.

And the REAL reason is: "Wow, I wonder if they make this. It would be another cool pieece of gear that my civvie butt will never really need at the four times a year I go to the range. But it will look OH so cool!"

Dawg
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:22:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:28:22 PM EST
That's what the Beta-C mag in the magwell is for!

Hmmm....buttstock pouch for Beta-C mag...
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:30:00 PM EST
Top Top