Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2003 10:58:10 PM EDT
I'm interested in replacing my sling adapter which came with my SIR #45M with a quick detach(QD) sling adapter, but I'm having a problem finding an adapter that's designed to fit into the side sling rail that comes with the SIR #45 system. I know that there are models designed to work on the front site base(FSB) but I want to avoid mounting anything to the FSB. Does anyone know if this adapter exist?

Thanks in advance,
Leadfoot
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I already decided to do this myself if/when ARMS gets around to building any -M model slim lines in carbine config (though I haven't bought one yet. & of course, there is also the URX).

Anyway, KAC makes a QD front sling mount that interfaces w/ the 1913 MIL-STD rails on its RAS/RIS. I bet that it'll interface w/ the ARMS rail, since both are milspec, & so should be close in terms of dimensions.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:48:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyway, KAC makes a QD front sling mount that interfaces w/ the 1913 MIL-STD rails on its RAS/RIS. I bet that it'll interface w/ the ARMS rail, since both are milspec, & so should be close in terms of dimensions.
View Quote

Master_Blaster is right. I have one of these KAC QD mounts on my ARMS #45 and it fits just fine.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the Knights QD also!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys, thanks for the replies. I'm going to look into getting the Knight's quick detach adapter.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I use, upon NewARGuy's recommendation, actually endorsement, KAC's MWS front pushbotton sling swivel, and rear single pt. PB swivel, but my SIR's a #45, and  the #45, w/ #2 rail, and KAC's MWS swivel becomes 4.5" wide at the forearm.

Food for thought, btw, I've tried to get the pushbuttons loose from those ball detents,  very stubborn detents.  Thanks NewARGuy, and thanks to Chris over @ Eagle Firearms ([email protected])
(chris has them btw, just ordered 2 more).

And does ARMS make a front QD sling swivel, no, not yet...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The KAC adapter will do, but I was hoping to find one that screwed into the side rail on the ARMS setup but had a QD button for the sling.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
What is a KAC QD front sling mount going for these days?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top