Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2006 4:10:51 PM EDT
Are there any manufacturers making a 22mag AR upper?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#1]
None that I know of.   There have been a couple of home made ones posted on here.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have always thought that would ROCK.  How would one make a home made one ?  I want one !  The re-bored chamber is an obvious,  what about mag conversions?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The magazine is the main problem.  I'd start with a magazine for something like a Marlin or other single-stack mag and either build a box around it like the Ciener mags or make something to hold it into a .223 mag like the M-261 adapters.  

Rechambering wouldn't be a big deal.  You'd also have to move the ejector back to account for the longer case and maybe allow for more bolt travel.  And probably add some mass to the bolt and/or increase the recoil spring to account for the higher pressures.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top