Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 8:21:53 AM EST
I have a preban collapsable stock from a preban upper that I want to pin in order to put it on a post ban receiver. Does anyone know how to do it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:46:41 PM EST
BTT, kinda curious myself without drilling the hell out of my stock.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:59:19 AM EST

IIRC, for you to be 100% legit in the eyes of the law, it must be pinned or welded in such a way that would make un-pinning or un-welding [to make it collapse again] mechannically destroy the stock.

as far as number of pins, not sure. someone else will chime in i'm sure. i believe chemical means (epoxys and whatnot) are not considered legit either.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:31:01 AM EST
Again, this topic comes up and no one really knows the yes and no's about it. I KNOW that DPMS sells there post-ban tele stocks that are pinned with TWO pins and Epoxy run down the inside of the stock between the tube and stock itself and they claim this is legal and that they have recieved approval. Now whether or not there blowing smoke out there ass is another thing, but I dont think they would be still selling them if it wasnt legal. I for one own a pinned and epoxyed stock and to convert it back to original would take some time. One would have to drill out the pins and then break the epoxy loose to get the stock to move. Only four more months and we wont have to worry about this shit. Nothing more I want then to get a SOCOM style stock for my rifle on my B-day on sept 19th
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:54:47 AM EST
Truly no way of doing it properly, you would be better off swapping someone for a post ban or just hang out a few months and let the BS law sunset.

Unless of course, you have laws prohibiting having a collapsible stock in your locality.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:19:27 PM EST
Save that stock, take it off and getcha a cheap fixed stock. That way you're legal and you don't tear anything up. I've seen collapsible stocks for $30 bucks so I figure a fixed stock would be about the same.
Top Top