Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:51:08 PM EDT
If so I'd love to get your opinions on it and pics if possible.

Thanks

-Jason M
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The JP BC comp is among the most effective brakes/comps.  It is one of the most popular ones in 3Gun competition.   Another one to look at is the MSTN QC comp.  The JP BC comp, like most comps, is brutally loud.   The MSTN QC comp is just as effective, but not quite SO loud.

hope this helps
Zak
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:14:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one.   As said above, it is brutally loud and very effective.   I also have a MSTN QC Comp.  It is merely painfully loud, but also very effective.   Both will earn you *very* angry looks from your neighbors at the range.

Out of courtesy to my fellow shooters (and to avoid being lynched), I leave both at home if I'm not gaming or using my own private range.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:31:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Any comp is loud, heck, any centerfire rifle is loud enough that you need hearing protection.  But I wear muffs even when shooting with a can.  The BC comp works well, the F2 worked better for me in side by side testing.  Haven't tried the MSTN.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:38:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any comp is loud, heck, any centerfire rifle is loud enough that you need hearing protection.  But I wear muffs even when shooting with a can.  

Muffs don't help that guy on the next bench over who gets smacked in the face by a concussion wave...  He also won't appreciate being hit in the face occasionally by a still burning fleck of powder.    My BC comp has even blown stuff like half empty boxes of ammo off of neighboring benches.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:52:38 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the Cooley. It's great for competition.

About the only decent comp I've seen that doesn't blast the next door neighbors is the LeVang.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#6]
My buddy has a LeVang on his 16" middy, and I dont think it does anything. However, he has a QC brake on his 20" 3-gun rifle, and that brake REALLY does work well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies everybody.  It sounds like it may be too loud for me because I don't plan to use it for competition.  I don't have any experience with the Cooley but it was recomended to me by a freind who is in the Army.  Thanks again.

-Jason
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top