Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2005 4:20:35 PM EDT
...a 90 degree mount?

http://gggaz.com/products/offset_vf_mount.php

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:52:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I found one at Brownells and it was only about $20 compared to the GGG for $75.  It works pretty well but I changed my set-up so I don't need it.  It's in great shape and you can have it for $10.  Where in GA are you located?  One note: it only fits 1913 type picatinny rails, not Weavers.

MadDog
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:16:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I found one at Brownells and it was only about $20 compared to the GGG for $75.  It works pretty well but I changed my set-up so I don't need it.  It's in great shape and you can have it for $10.  Where in GA are you located?  One note: it only fits 1913 type picatinny rails, not Weavers.

MadDog

Up in Gwinnett (Duluth). I am definitely interested in the item. IM/Email?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

MadDog

Do you know who made it?  I tried looking for one on brownells website, but couldn't find it.  

P.S. - if "skebe" decides not to take the mount, I might be interested.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...a 90 degree mount?

Thanks!

Look at the LaRue mount and a true weapons light. I have use the GG&G offset mount and it put the light too far from the thumb for reliable activiation. YMMV The LaRue drops it vertically. Much easier to control.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...a 90 degree mount?

Thanks!

Look at the LaRue mount and a true weapons light. I have use the GG&G offset mount and it put the light too far from the thumb for reliable activiation. YMMV The LaRue drops it vertically. Much easier to control.

Only problem is that this will be going on a flattop. There are no side or bottom rails for this particular application.  Allthough I have been thinking about putting the LaRue on my AK. =)

This will be for anchoring a laser to be triggered via the trigger hand.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top