Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/8/2005 9:59:33 AM EDT
I am looking for a 16 in, 1 in 7 twist, heavy carbine, chromed lined barrel with a 5.56 chamber and an M4 barrel extension. I would like it fluted but I can have that done aftermarket. I am not opposed to getting a custom made barrel but not sure where I should be looking. I no longer have need for nor will I ever need a M203 again therefore I do not want a barrel with 203 cuts. I find that a fluted barrel is more aesthetically pleasing and I buy off on the theory that a barrel cools faster with flutes. FALARAK has convinced me that I NEED a barrel with a 1 in 7 twist (damn him).
Can any point me into the right direction?
thanks
Dave
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:28:18 PM EDT
Diemaco
But they dont sell to civilians.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:29:10 PM EDT
Personally I don't know of anyone that makes a 1/7 HBAR. I have seen some 1/7 m4 bbl that have been fluted and that looks cool as hell.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:08:51 PM EDT
Bushmaster made a special run, but they were post ban, without the coveted bayonet lug and threaded barrel. They also didn't have an M4 extension. I have two in my safe right now. They will soon have threaded muzzles, but I won't waste any time or money on a bayonet lug, just my opinion on the usefullness of that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:20:23 PM EDT
I agree about the bayonet. The only thing they were good for was entertainment value at a Division review or change-of-command. A couple thousand guys with fixed bayonets on a North Carolina summer day. Sooner or later somebody would lock their knees and pass out. You can't buy that kind of quality entertainment

Anybody got a pic of an fluted M4 barrel? That sounds interesting.
Dave
Top Top