Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/1/2003 3:19:34 PM EDT
I wouldn't mind getting some good 10 round mags if anybody makes them. Any tips?

Thanks,
--Dan
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:06:31 PM EDT
Check Bushmaster's website. They have a real nice looking 10 rounder, although I don't have any experience with it. The stock Colt 9 rounder that came with my RRA caused some really bad FTF's. I got a nice 20 rounder for the indoor range since it cost about the same...
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:40:31 AM EDT
I bought a couple of the DPMS plastic 10 rounders for bench shooting. So far, no problems.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:16:04 AM EDT
I've bought 5 from Bushmaster and they've all worked great right out of the box. I shoot a Bushmaster but I'm pretty sure they would work in any of the lesser quality rifles too.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:35:09 AM EDT
Little question: Do the DPMS 10 rounders have removabe floorplates?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:29:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ZRH: Little question: Do the DPMS 10 rounders have removabe floorplates?
View Quote
They have two little pins that look like they would be for taking the floorplate off. But no matter how hard I push on them with a punch, the metal insert behind the floorplate just wiggles back and forth. Maybe there's a trick to it I don't know about...
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:40:32 PM EDT
I have a DPMS plastic 10 round mag that works great in my ar-15s, except the DPMS. I also have two of the Bushmaster 10 round mags. One is the frankenmag and the other is the newer style. Both work good in my rifles.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 3:17:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bsbg:
Originally Posted By ZRH: Little question: Do the DPMS 10 rounders have removabe floorplates?
View Quote
They have two little pins that look like they would be for taking the floorplate off. But no matter how hard I push on them with a punch, the metal insert behind the floorplate just wiggles back and forth. Maybe there's a trick to it I don't know about...
View Quote
Is it like the Bushmaster, that doesn't disassemble?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:33:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2003 1:35:26 AM EDT by Sixgun357]
Yeah I really like Bushmaster's 10 rounders. I even Like the old ones they called Frankenmags. Both functioned great. I want to get some of the DPMS clear plastic mags to add to my collection.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:50:41 AM EDT
The 10-round Bushy mag I got with my rifle works great. I'm fairly certain the DPMS 10-round mags are designed not to allow for the removal of the floor plate (same as the Bushy mags).
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:52:53 AM EDT
Hmm, So then do the Armalite 9 rounders have removeable floorplates? First they limit mags to ten rounds and then no removable floorplates... [:(]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:52:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2003 10:55:29 PM EDT by Lockedon]
Originally Posted By mw365:
Originally Posted By bsbg:
View Quote
View Quote
Is it like the Bushmaster, that doesn't disassemble?
View Quote
All mags (even post ban 10rnds) disassemble...reassembly is a different story... They don't want you to modify them to make your own (new) high cap mags.... Edited to add: the only two ten-rounders i have are Bushmaster post-bans. They work flawless, and have a "second generation design" and a teflon coated interior. Or so i heard.
Top Top