Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2003 3:19:34 PM EDT
I wouldn't mind getting some good 10 round mags if anybody makes them.  Any tips?

Thanks,
--Dan
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Check Bushmaster's website. They have a real nice looking 10 rounder, although I don't have any experience with it. The stock Colt 9 rounder that came with my RRA caused some really bad FTF's. I got a nice 20 rounder for the indoor range since it cost about the same...
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a couple of the DPMS plastic 10 rounders for bench shooting.  So far, no problems.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I've bought 5 from Bushmaster and they've all worked great right out of the box.  I shoot a Bushmaster but I'm pretty sure they would work in any of the lesser quality rifles too.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Little question:

Do the DPMS 10 rounders have removabe floorplates?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Little question:

View Quote

They have two little pins that look like they would be for taking the floorplate off.  But no matter how hard I push on them with a punch, the metal insert behind the floorplate just wiggles back and forth.  Maybe there's a trick to it I don't know about...
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a DPMS plastic 10 round mag that works great in my ar-15s, except the DPMS.

I also have two of the Bushmaster 10 round mags. One is the frankenmag and the other is the newer style. Both work good in my rifles.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Little question:

View Quote

They have two little pins that look like they would be for taking the floorplate off.  But no matter how hard I push on them with a punch, the metal insert behind the floorplate just wiggles back and forth.  Maybe there's a trick to it I don't know about...
View Quote

Is it like the Bushmaster, that doesn't disassemble?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:33:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I really like Bushmaster's  10 rounders. I even Like the old ones they called Frankenmags. Both functioned great. I want to get some of the DPMS clear plastic mags to add to my collection.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:50:41 AM EDT
[#9]
The 10-round Bushy mag I got with my rifle works great.  I'm fairly certain the DPMS 10-round mags are designed not to allow for the removal of the floor plate (same as the Bushy mags).
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Hmm,

So then do the Armalite 9 rounders have removeable floorplates?

First they limit mags to ten rounds and then no removable floorplates... [:(]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Little question:

View Quote

View Quote

Is it like the Bushmaster, that doesn't disassemble?
View Quote

All mags (even post ban 10rnds) disassemble...reassembly is a different story...

They don't want you to modify them to make your own (new) high cap mags....

Edited to add: the only two ten-rounders i have are Bushmaster post-bans. They work flawless, and have a "second generation design" and a teflon coated interior. Or so i heard.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top