Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2005 1:22:37 PM EDT
Or can it operate with the shorter length buffer? Sorry if this is a noobie question.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:37:53 PM EDT
Presumably you mean the buffer spring, not the buffer, which is the metal piece that is on one end of the spring.

If the telestock is a real telestock, but pinned in place or what have you, then it has the shorter buffer tube, and would thus need a carbine length buffer spring and attendant buffer. On most telestocks you can tell, because there's a hole at the back of the stock when it's extended, and you can look up inside said hole and see the back end of the buffer tube, which is flush with the buttplate when the stock is collapsed fully.

If the telestock just looks like a telestock, but the buffer tube is full length (like the one on my rifle when I bought before the ban), then you'll want the rifle length buffer spring.

I believe the actual buffers themselves differ, but I could be wrong on that one.

Hope that made sense. h.gif
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:26:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 2:27:51 PM EDT by mattld]
A pinnned-in-place carbine stock (like the kind RRA, BM, and the other big name manufacturers offered before the ban ended) uses a RIFLE length action spring and a RIFLE buffer.

RARELY will you see an actual carbine stock pinned-in-place. Only know of two that were done while the ban was in effect, and both were done by members after having bought the real thing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:28:56 PM EDT
Thank you both for your time and answers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:21:49 PM EDT
Don't use the Carbine buffer or spring in a Rifle tube!
Top Top