Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 9:02:12 PM EST
I was wondering if it would be possible for me, without any real gunsmithing tools or skills to install a daniel 7.0 rail on my upper, it has a normal sight on it? Or if I should just leave it to the wonderful professionals over at Adco to take care of it for me? Also I have no real skill in this area so if it is complex I would rather let them do it then ruin my rifle.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:06:02 PM EST
You are capable of doing it, but it does require special tools.

Take a look here and see if this seems interesting:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=201469

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=184086

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:02:35 AM EST
Even with the propper tools removal of the FSB is very difficult without damaging the FSB. I had to cut mine off to get my FF RAS on then put a PRI flip up in its place.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:09:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:22:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By JTAC_Supply:
Depends on what kind of upper you have also. If you have an LMT or a RRA, it's much easier than with a Bushmaster or Colt. Jason

How so? I have done a ton of Bushy's and one Colt.... I could not tell any difference? Whats special about them that makes them tougher?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:26:58 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:41:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By JTAC_Supply:
LMT and RRA don't use taper pins,

Cool! I dont think I have done an RRA come to think of it. What kind of pins hold the FSB in? Just straight ones?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:53:36 AM EST
I am pretty capable, and have most tools needed but I would not and did not even think of doing my own install

Too much at stake- dollar wise as well as quality wise.

$60 is a small price to pay for the results I got
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:06:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By redfisher:
I am pretty capable, and have most tools needed but I would not and did not even think of doing my own install

Why do you have an armorers wrench, and a receiver action block, if you arent willing to use them?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:37:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2004 5:38:27 AM EST by Mr_Happy1]
Thanks for the information. I went ahead and had the people at Adco put one on my upper, it was there getting a vortex. It does not look too complicated but I don't have the necessary tools and also I am not all that great at putting things together or taking them apart. I figure that by doing it this was I will save myself money in the long run. Thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:29:35 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:00:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By FALARAK:

Originally Posted By redfisher:

Why do you have an armorers wrench, and a receiver action block, if you arent willing to use them?

I said most.

among my bugaboos.....I prefer not to get into barrel or (surface) refinishing projects
Top Top