Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2004 10:02:12 PM EDT
I was wondering if it would be possible for me, without any real gunsmithing tools or skills to install a daniel 7.0 rail on my upper, it has a normal sight on it? Or if I should just leave it to the wonderful professionals over at Adco to take care of it for me? Also I have no real skill in this area so if it is complex I would rather let them do it then ruin my rifle.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You are capable of doing it, but it does require special tools.

Take a look here and see if this seems interesting:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=201469

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=184086

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:02:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Even with the propper tools removal of the FSB is very difficult without damaging the FSB.  I had to cut mine off to get my FF RAS on then put a PRI flip up in its place.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:09:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:22:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Depends on what kind of upper you have also.  If you have an LMT or a RRA, it's much easier than with a Bushmaster or Colt.  Jason

How so?  I have done a ton of Bushy's and one Colt.... I could not tell any difference?  Whats special about them that makes them tougher?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:26:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:41:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
LMT and RRA don't use taper pins,

Cool!  I dont think I have done an RRA come to think of it.  What kind of pins hold the FSB in?  Just straight ones?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I am pretty capable, and have most tools needed but I would not and did not even think of doing my own install

Too much at stake- dollar wise as well as quality wise.

$60 is a small price to pay for the results I got
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:06:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am pretty capable, and have most tools needed but I would not and did not even think of doing my own install

Why do you have an armorers wrench, and a receiver action block, if you arent willing to use them?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the information. I went ahead and had the people at Adco put one on my upper, it was there getting a vortex. It does not look too complicated but I don't have the necessary tools and also I am not all that great at putting things together or taking them apart. I figure that by doing it this was I will save myself money in the long run. Thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:29:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you have an armorers wrench, and a receiver action block, if you arent willing to use them?

I said most.

among my bugaboos.....I prefer not to get into barrel or (surface) refinishing projects
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top