Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 12:22:04 PM EDT
Hi Everyone. I have been decidiing what light system to go on my Carbine. I was going to go with a 6P with a Malkoff head, but I am now considering just using my "slimmer" E2D. Only problem is that my E2D is the NON-LED version & I wanted to see if anyone offers any replacement LED heads I could use like the Malkoff/6P?

Is it worth investing into the ED2 like that if there is one available? Anyone using a similar setup? I just think I like the size of my E2D better than the 6P, it just looks to fat for a Carbine.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:30:36 PM EDT
kx2c head. hit up kevin with brightlights in the "industry" section. very bright. very close to what you were thinking about.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:47:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CCR3:
kx2c head. hit up kevin with brightlights in the "industry" section. very bright. very close to what you were thinking about.

I was trying to find a unit that was less than the $135.00 unit you are mentioning. But thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:00:56 PM EDT
135!!!!!!!!!!. you better call kevin. thats crazy price.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:12:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CCR3:
135!!!!!!!!!!. you better call kevin. thats crazy price.

Well, that's Surefires list price. Do you have any contact info for this Kevin guy? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:08:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:59:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 8:02:02 PM EDT by 12_gauge]
Originally Posted By Elzetta:
TNVC has a product that may work for you (link)

Those heads are probably just as durable as the rest of the stuff Victor sells (which, from what I understand, is quite so). However, they will not have the output of the KX2C head (I have not tested this unit, nor do I know anyone who has, but based on the other LED module that they sell, the 220 lumens is "emitter lumens" and not OTF lumens unless otherwise noted.) nor the beam-pattern (expect a smaller, but slightly "hotter" central hot-spot with a more defined spill than the KX2C. I am guessing throw will be similar, but with the TNVC unit having a more narrow beam at distance and a more "defined" spill up close. Again, THAT is just pure speculation based off my ownership of their TNVC 6P module). They are a good buy for 2/3 the price of a used KX2C head though, considering used KX2C heads are...well, kinda something just talked about. If you don't want to spend the $135, I would give the TNVC a good look.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:22:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 10:23:55 PM EDT by M4-guy]
Another option is to put a SureFire LU60A on you E2D and then you can use a Malkoff unit. It lets you use P60 type lamps and drop-ins in an E-series lights (or the Scout Light). But I would use a 6P bezel instead of the shock isolated bezel that comes with the LU60A. (See the thread related to this.)
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:08:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M4-guy:
Another option is to put a SureFire LU60A on you E2D and then you can use a Malkoff unit. It lets you use P60 type lamps and drop-ins in an E-series lights (or the Scout Light). But I would use a 6P bezel instead of the shock isolated bezel that comes with the LU60A. (See the thread related to this.)

^This is very viable as well if you want the output of the Malkoff. It will also allow you to run whatever new P60 size drop-ins hit the market, or tailor the drop-in for what you want (M60 for outside, M60LF for inside, M60 MC-E for large area, and so on).
Top Top